Picking Up The Megaphone Today

As I posted at half time, you need to be more visible and high profile. Take them tonight as the model - they had one fella with his shirt off on the front row, dead centre. He had 10-12 "sidekicks" stood with him and collectively they got them going.

Not a critism, but it's not going to work with you stood 3/4 of the way back. I was about 20 yards away and couldn't hear it - the sound must have bounced back from the roof of level 2. That said, I did see the the group around join in on mass. Next time, that "group" needs to be 5-6 thousand rather than 5-6 rows.

Thanks for the positive comments. Agreed. The megaphone wasn't as loud as I though it would be. (35 watts) It didn't stand a chance against the Aris support. I thought Poznan were loud, but Aris bettered them. No disrespect to Poznan.

Buying a proper 50 watt plus megaphone goes into three figures and I haven't got that kind of money. As somebody has said, perhaps another one or two megaphones could do the trick? That's up to other people to decide if the want to do that.

To the United fan having a pop at City's support tonight. Perhaps you couldn't hear it over the Aris fans, but we got behind the team. Put it this way, if they'd have played you instead tonight, your support wouldn't have mustered any competition at all. (considering your non-vocal support at the derby) As for the crowd. 36K for the last 32(is it?) in the Europa Cup is nothing to be sniffed at.

Despite the rag knockers, all in all it was a good night on and off the pitch. Positive times ahead.

PS. Did anyone hear the Rag's in Marseille last night? Exactly. And a few flares at the end of the match don't count either.

I didn't hear it in 109, but at least JRB is trying something. It isn't going to all fit into the place the first time around, especially with Europa League with a few strangers about.

You just got to have the confidence mate and see it through. Maybe contact the blue alliance to see if any members in 110 can support you with this.

Blue-Eyes said:
As I posted at half time, you need to be more visible and high profile. Take them tonight as the model - they had one fella with his shirt off on the front row, dead centre. He had 10-12 "sidekicks" stood with him and collectively they got them going.

Not a critism, but it's not going to work with you stood 3/4 of the way back. I was about 20 yards away and couldn't hear it - the sound must have bounced back from the roof of level 2. That said, I did see the the group around join in on mass. Next time, that "group" needs to be 5-6 thousand rather than 5-6 rows.

Accepted. But it's getting others to join in with me. Not taking my shirt off though. :-) Let's see how it goes against Villa.

jrb said:
Blue-Eyes said:

Accepted. But it's getting others to join in with me. Not taking my shirt off though. :-) Let's see how it goes against Villa.

I saw the megaphone, but couldn't really pick you out , im sitting in 110, maybe you could where like the 99 wenbley shirt as the colours are pretty different to our usual blues/white/red/black.

Sloppyjoshua said:
jrb said:

I saw the megaphone, but couldn't really pick you out , im sitting in 110, maybe you could where like the 99 wenbley shirt as the colours are pretty different to our usual blues/white/red/black.

or stand there in your nude that will get you noticed

I think the overiding factor tonight was the constant noise from the Aris fans. No amount of megaphones would have matched that. Not only that, they had numerous drums as well. If anyone has a few quid spare, I wouldn't mind one of these. (only joking)

screen20110224235711.jpg

A mere £300. Lol!

i watched it on a shitty stream, i could here the city fans and we sounded alright but nothing compared obviously.

i think you need to get at the front or the back as somebody previously said. and proper order people into it haha.

but great respect from me. i wouldn't dare to just turn up with a megaphone. it will be great if this improves and really gets going.

keep going lad. il be listening from the south stand to join in, please don't give this up!!!!! ;)

Mikecini said:
jrb said:
Just got back.

Time for some reflections and thoughts.

Firstly. We have to congratulate the Aris fans on their support tonight. It was tremendous. Everything they said about it leading up to the game was true.

However, let's not take anything away from our support. We will not face that kind of rival support and constant noise for a very longtime, if at all. I thought our support was good tonight, especially in the first half and at times during the second half. The Aris fans were more content with singning to each other rather than at us. Which takes a bit of the banter away. I stand corrected, but we seemed to get through most of our songs tonight. Not to mention doing the Poznan on numerous occasions.

Moving on to the megaphone. When I first got it and tried it out in the house it sounded loud. (35 watts and new batteries) Once I got into the stadium and pitted it against the Aris fans, that was a different matter.(understandable) The megaphone could definitely be heard in the vicinity of where I was stood and further away. Don't think it could be heard in the adjoining blocks though, TBH. The people around me, infront of me, to the sides of me, and at the back of me were great. They joined in with most, if not all of the songs I started. Many thanks. They really did make an effort. Nobody complained or moaned either. It was a very positive response.

Eventually the batteries began to fade and sodid the noise from the megaphone. Overall for the first attempt I thought it went pretty well. what was more pleasing than anything elss was the reaction of those around me. They all joined in en-masse. In hindsight, perhaps I needed a more powerful megaphone. It certainly eats up the batteries.

Concluding. I'm not going to give up after tonight. As I've said, I thought it went pretty well(others may disagree), and against more quieter away fans, the megaphone will make more of an impact. I'm probably going to bring it against Villa, but I'd like some general feedback first from the people in and around where I was stood. Please be honest, good or bad, I won't be offended. It's a learning curve.

Many thanKS to everyone who joined in and came up to me and had a chat. :-)

Well done, though tbh (no criticism here) I saw you with it, from lower down in 110 looking back rather, than heard you lol. You definitely need more amps mate.

i had a nice chat with you for bout 10 mmins before kick off really nice bloke :) but i couldnt hear your megaphone in the game but i wasnt supprised cus the aris fans were loud! keep it up mate maybe try getting near the front with it, if you need a hand in future games im always willin to help. good job anyway and was nice to meet you :)

Thanks to one and all.

And finally before I bore the pants off you all. Even though many of you didn't actually hear me(and the megaphone), those stood near me and around me started singing along with me, this spread to the other blocks nearby on quite a few occasions. So in the respect, the megaphone did work. I even got "come on City" to go the full length of the Kippax. Now there's a claim to fame.(n/t)

Upwards and onwards blue brothers and sisters. :-)<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:17 am --<br /><br />
im_still_here said:
Mikecini said:
Well done, though tbh (no criticism here) I saw you with it, from lower down in 110 looking back rather, than heard you lol. You definitely need more amps mate.

i had a nice chat with you for bout 10 mmins before kick off really nice bloke :) but i couldnt hear your megaphone in the game but i wasnt supprised cus the aris fans were loud! keep it up mate maybe try getting near the front with it, if you need a hand in future games im always willin to help. good job anyway and was nice to meet you :)

Nice to met you that man. :-) Any help would be appreciated. TBH I don't think City would allow me to stand at the front of the blocks with my shirt off belting out non-stop City songs, Aris style. I'll probably piss a few people off as well who would rather watch the match. Like it or not, we're a different breed to our European football cousins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.