Piece of Magic

johnmc

One off pieces of magic by city players.

Favourate of mine is Rocastles - everyone in the school yard was doing it on the Monday morning.

Rob v Aalborg was class but didnt end in a goal, when he went one way then the other in one movement with his foot.

johnmc said:

Favourate of mine is Rocastles - everyone in the school yard was doing it on the Monday morning.

Rob v Aalborg was class but didnt end in a goal, when he went one way then the other in one movement with his foot.
Do you mean the one where he rolled it under his studs then flicked it down the line, it got crossed in and Carl Griffiths scored?

If so, I was one of the Schooolboys!

For me, Ali B and Georgi...too many to quote really but George against Newcastle in the 3-3. Went pst 4 Barcodes in a space of 5 yards then skimmed the bar....would have been goal of the season.

Thaksins Love Child said:
johnmc said:

Do you mean the one where he rolled it under his studs then flicked it down the line, it got crossed in and Carl Griffiths scored?

If so, I was one of the Schooolboys!
Was Rocky's against Swindon or summat like that? I'm another school yard wannabe.

Kinky's goal against Southampton for me.

Denis Law's backheel?!

Always loved Franny Lee's "1-2" free kick around the wall against Norwich City at the Platt Lane End, first game of the season in the late 70's. Might be the last time we scored a decent training ground goal from a free kick, too!!! (Harder to do because it relied on someone else to help out!)

Or how about winning the ball off a dawdling defender and slotting it in, a la The Goat versus Gary "The Blue" Neville at Maine Road?! Always enjoyed "doing a Goat" and calling the defender "Gary" for the rest of the match, even if he had no clue what I was talking about!!!

;+)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.