Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

I think some of our fans underestimate what a major factor mentality and attitude is when we purchase players. I saw that Barca docu and Txiki was brutal, some lad wanted more cash and had not really earned it, he got told to fuck off basically. So just getting above your station a bit and not focusing fully on the footy already knocks you way way down any list he may have. The idea of players who love the adoration from social media/partying more than the footy coming here would make Txiki cry blood with rage.

The fact their owner has been forced to say "no fuckin idea what he is doing" tells me this is as likely to happen as Nelson getting his bloody eye back.
Yes!

And Pep has a keen sense for mostly avoiding these sorts of players - can't see us pursing Aubameyang.

I can't see any reason for him to go to Arsenal: the one quality player they have plays in the same position as him and as a club they are stuck in reverse. If he's as good as the hype, he'll surely have better options in the summer?

Aguero is not the only culprit - Sané and Sterling miss as many!
True mate . Don’t get wrong aguero has been a great servant but his time is coming to an end . I really hope we don’t get Sanchez because let’s be honest we talk about aubamyang being a negative influence in the dressing room this guy at Arsenal has been a disgrace in his attitude towards arsenal. There is so much better out there for a lot better all we need to do is just hold on till the summer.

Yes!

And Pep has a keen sense for mostly avoiding these sorts of players - can't see us pursing Aubameyang.
Sorry, yeah i should have said Pep to since they are of the same mind in everything football. I am thankful beyond words that we have this management team, they are beyond fantastic.

I wonder if this amazon docu will give us insight like that Barca docu. I will watch that with extreme interest, it gave great access, as much as the public could ever realistically hope to get, legally anyway.

For those that think this chap is a possibility or even on our radar and have not watched the Barca docu then i suggest you watch it. You will see why some of us like @CityInWashingtonState can see this is just simply not going to happen. They will not even entertain the idea of him being even a remote tenuous possibility i dare say.

Here is that docu for those that have not seen it, sorry about the quality the youtube link is gone i think...

I think some of our fans underestimate what a major factor mentality and attitude is when we purchase players. I saw that Barca docu and Txiki was brutal, some lad wanted more cash and had not really earned it, he got told to fuck off basically. So just getting above your station a bit and not focusing fully on the footy already knocks you way way down any list he may have. The idea of players who love the adoration from social media/partying more than the footy coming here would make Txiki cry blood with rage.

The fact their owner has been forced to say "no fuckin idea what he is doing" tells me this is as likely to happen as Nelson getting his bloody eye back.
Did you know that Nelson was only blind in one eye and didn’t wear an eye patch? He hadn’t lost his eye. That was a later change of history after he’s died

So long as he does not act like a dick at the Eithad (1) I feel such a player would help boost the number of attacking players we have in our squad, which is rather low for a club that is aiming to compete in 4 leagues/cups at the same time. Likewise his performances over the last few seasons have been quite impressive in itself, especially in terms of goals.

So overall I would feel City should take a punt and sign him, especially if we cannot get Kane and Dybala in the next season or so. Especially if we can deny the Arsenal of such a player as punishment for selling Sanchez 6 months too late and to the wrong Manchester Club.

If they get Mkhitaryan as well that would be a coup from Arsenal.

If United have even the slightest bit of sense, they should not sell Mkhitaryan under any circumstances. Likewise if Mkhitaryan himself actually gives a dam about his future career prospect's then he should look how many players careers have fared under Wenger of late and steer far, far away from that club. So much so that one might say "when a footballer is tired of life, they join the Arsenal", something that was not the case 15 years ago or so.

(1) To be fair, it is not the first time we have signed a player which acts like a dick from time to time, players such as Sterling. That alone should not be a barrier to signing a player though as along as they are willing to accept the way things are done at the club like Sterling has done this season.

Aubemeyang and Mkhitaryan were lethal when they played together at Dortmund.

How would you feel if Aubemeyang went to United and Sanchez went to City instead? Because personally I think such transfer's might work about better than mearly Sanchez along signing up to United.

Last edited:
Handed in a transfer request apparently. Looks set for Arsenal.

If he wants to head to the Arsenal then he might as well stay at Dortmund since compared to the Arsenal they have done much better at challening for the league title (and against Bayern Munich) and in competing in the Champions League than the Arsenal over the last few years or so (even this season, which has been crap for them by their standards). And they have done so despite selling their best players every season.

Likewise if he is only doing the move for financial rather than trophy ambitions, then he could surely do better than the Arsenal and go to a club like PSG, United, ourselves and even Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.