Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg

markbmcfc

Off to Southampton, about £13m.

After reading Pep Confidential, i'm absolutely amazed we're not in for him.

Pep absolutely raves about him in that book, but he went out on loan last year and now he's off to Southampton.

Anyone know if the lad just didn't progress from Pep's first season at Bayern? I didn't realise the lad was available and given he is, i'm extremely surprised we're not in the mix, especially at the price.

Off to Southampton, about £13m.

After reading Pep Confidential, i'm absolutely amazed we're not in for him.

Pep absolutely raves about him in that book, but he went out on loan last year and now he's off to Southampton.

Anyone know if the lad just didn't progress from Pep's first season at Bayern? I didn't realise the lad was available and given he is, i'm extremely surprised we're not in the mix, especially at the price.

He regressed a lot, been on loan for the last two seasons.

Firstly to Augsburg, semi-succesful helped them reach european football, and was in line to extend the loan, but his agent and himself got hotheaded and wanted a bigger club for him.
Recently used last season on loan at Schalke where his progress stopped due to lack of gametime and simply just being outshone by similar players like Goretzka and Geis.

Im Danish and even amazed that a club like Southampton is interested in him.

He regressed a lot, been on loan for the last two seasons.

Firstly to Augsburg, semi-succesful helped them reach european football, and was in line to extend the loan, but his agent and himself got hotheaded and wanted a bigger club for him.
Recently used last season on loan at Schalke where his progress stopped due to lack of gametime and simply just being outshone by similar players like Goretzka and Geis.

Im Danish and even amazed that a club like Southampton is interested in him.

Rummenigge just told in the first Ancelotti press conference that he is at the medicine check at Southhampton right now.

At the beginning he was just an eager young one - real great leader personality in the U21. Everything a midfield general should be - intelligent, great character, big hunger and engine. But - there was a moment - when he already thought he had it - about one and a half seasons ago (you remarked that in his interviews...) and that was when it turned. If he gets back really on track he has a great future ahead - if he does not he just will be a mediocre player. He is not a midfield artist or pass master - more somebody with a big engine (I remember when I e.g. made his debut against Sweden and was playing a great match against Zlatan) - when he gets that back he will be a success especially in the EPL where fighters are liked. (Maybe not at the top clubs but at a top 5 to 10 club)

Last edited:
Rummenigge just told in the first Ancelotti press conference that he is at the medicine check at Southhampton right now.

At the beginning he was just an eager young one - real great leader personality in the U21. Everything a midfield general should be - intelligent, great character, big hunger and engine. But - there was a moment - when he already thought he had it - about one and a half seasons ago (you remarked that in his interviews...) and that was when it turned. If he gets back really on track he has a great future ahead - if he does not he just will be a mediocre player. He is not a midfield artist or pass master - more somebody with a big engine (I remember when I e.g. made his debut against Sweden and was playing a great match against Zlatan) - when he gets that back he will be a success especially in the EPL where fighters are liked. (Maybe not at the top clubs but at a top 5 to 10 club)
Different subject but are Bayern looking to sell anyone this summer @Maldeika ?

Different subject but are Bayern looking to sell anyone this summer @Maldeika ?

Benatia and Götze. The press already told that Juve and Bayern have an agreement about a loan and later sell deal fir Benatia - let's see if that happens.
And Ancelotti and the club made very clear - latest in the press conference - that they would like for Götze to find a new club.

We already sold Rode to Dortmund - and now Höjbjerg (who was on loan) to Southampton. Rode was not satisfied with his substitute role and Höjbjerg knows that the club is to big for him to make a breakthrough.

The team now:
Striker: Lewandowski
Wingers: Coman, Costa, Robben, Ribery
Midfielders: Müller, Thiago, Vidal, Sanches, Kimmich, Alonso, (Götze)
Fullbacks: Alaba, Bernat, Lahm, Rafinha
Defenders: Badstuber, Hummels, Boateng, Martinez, (Benatia)
Goal: Neuer, Ullreich, Starke

Not a big squad especially with some injury prone players - but there are a couple of really flexible players.

Got the same hope with him as I did with Gaston Ramirez. Just hope it turns out better!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.