Piers Morgan and Gun Control

Patientman63

Team supported
Who do you think....?
Now I am no fan of Piers Morgan, I think he is a phone tapping capital idiot, and for the most part I pay no heed to him or his spoutings.

That said, I was mildly interested in his standoff with the American pro-gun lobby after the Sandy Hook school shootings, which is why I read the piece in the Mirror Online about his ongoing crusade in America on tighter gun control laws. I am not sure who is advising him on this, but I question the wisdom of going to someone else’s country and tub-thumping on an issue he is not really involved with.

In general the piece is typical self aggrandising Pierce, I think he wrote it himself, but what did catch my eye is the comments left by the readers, particularly the Americans. There is some seriously crazy shit in there. I have cut and pasted some below, and here is the link to the site, there is plenty more where these came from...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/piers-morgan-gun-control-oscar-1743189" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... ar-1743189</a>

“Piers, you are a perfect example of why we declared independence from your mother country. We understand natural law and our rights as human beings. You, on the other hand are a perfect example of a peasant, living your life according to the sovereign's dictates. I am a Sovereign, a creature of God, responsible for my actions and accountable to Him. You bow down to another creature of God, your queen. How pathetic. Americans do not accept your subservient attitude and demeanor. In fact, it is the antithesis of who we are. We understand that our lives are a gift from God and that we are bound to protect them from all aggressors, personal or governmental. We are endowed by our creator with the ability and requirement to protect ourselves from snakes like you and any tyrants that would do us harm. Your stupid words and actions have awakened the sleeping proletariat, as you would call us. Beware!”

“Piers reminds us that some will always favor subjugation to some form of authority, content to trade freedom for the spectre of safety. Thankfully, and historically, real Americans don't respond too well to Brits who determine how free we should be. While Piers makes money stirring the hornet's nest, rest assured, he does so with the benefit of his own armed security detail, and with the support of hypocritical hollywood supporters who use guns in their films to make millions. What offends Piers and the Left in general, is the audacity of normal folk to defend themselves. Unlike in the U.K. where those who endure violent crime at twice the rate of the U.S., we demand the right to fight back, not to endure rape, assault and risk being killed in the service of a Queen, while we wait bleeding for the police to arrive.”

“England where 9 years old English kids hang themselves from being bullied by their new master Arab colonialists.”

“The violent crime rate in the UK is eight times higher than in the US. In 2011, there were 1.9 million violent crimes in the UK, compared to 1.2 million in the US, and the population of the US is five times higher. Violence is out of control in the UK, not in the US. The US is a much safer place - because we are armed.”

“We don't care what he thinks.....he (nor any other Liberal) will disarm the largest Army on earth ....The American Gun Owner. we have a GOD given right to self protection and we have the right to the necessary tools to implement that protection. (including high capacity Magazines and semi -automatic weapons) If you live in the middle of the country and there are hordes of armed motorcycle gangs invading your home.....how will a double barreled shotgun make any difference against a dozen armed thugs?(when the police are an hour away?) Piers and other sanctimonious Liberals have the arrogance to attempt to tell free people what they "need' or "deserve". A very dangerous position to try to enforce.”

“A perfect example of what british males have devolved into.....a goodly portion to be sure. Not the hardy sort that carried on in spite of the nazis, the blitz and the bombings and so on. Rather a spineless, supine, prostrate jellyfish whose only weapon is a piehole oozing self righteous piety and insults. Yeah. Go back to your shrinking empire before somebody really does slap your punk backside down. (sorry, ladies...I forget how easily you're offended...)”

He's absolutely right that America needs much tighter gun control, and that they need to get over their obsession that the constitution apparently gives them the right to own weapons the millitary would be happy to use.

Having said that, it is somewhat ironic that Piers Morgan is such a fucking weapon.

You can't just go to someone elses country and tell them how things should be done. If you dont like it, fuck off. That would be the general consensus if it happened over here. However, I would rather he stayed over there, he's a nob

America has guns, no way will people give them up, itd be like the Brits giving up tea & chips

“Piers, you are a perfect example of why we declared independence from your mother country. We understand natural law and our rights as human beings. You, on the other hand are a perfect example of a peasant, living your life according to the sovereign's dictates. I am a Sovereign, a creature of God, responsible for my actions and accountable to Him. You bow down to another creature of God, your queen. How pathetic. Americans do not accept your subservient attitude and demeanor. In fact, it is the antithesis of who we are. We understand that our lives are a gift from God and that we are bound to protect them from all aggressors, personal or governmental. We are endowed by our creator with the ability and requirement to protect ourselves from snakes like you and any tyrants that would do us harm. Your stupid words and actions have awakened the sleeping proletariat, as you would call us. Beware!”

This one is idiotic on several levels. Are we really subservient to the queen? No. The queen has no power whatsoever, she's a figurehead, ornamental at best. Plus the whole "God made me/gift from God" element of this argument falls flat as it's based on an assumption that a magic man no-one can see, hear or prove exists actually has any involvement in anything.

“Piers reminds us that some will always favor subjugation to some form of authority, content to trade freedom for the spectre of safety. Thankfully, and historically, real Americans don't respond too well to Brits who determine how free we should be. While Piers makes money stirring the hornet's nest, rest assured, he does so with the benefit of his own armed security detail, and with the support of hypocritical hollywood supporters who use guns in their films to make millions. What offends Piers and the Left in general, is the audacity of normal folk to defend themselves. Unlike in the U.K. where those who endure violent crime at twice the rate of the U.S., we demand the right to fight back, not to endure rape, assault and risk being killed in the service of a Queen, while we wait bleeding for the police to arrive.”

"In service of the queen"? What is their infatuation with the queen? What relevance does she have to gun law?

“England where 9 years old English kids hang themselves from being bullied by their new master Arab colonialists.”

I've read this several times now and I can only conclude that this guy was on some form of medication.

“The violent crime rate in the UK is eight times higher than in the US. In 2011, there were 1.9 million violent crimes in the UK, compared to 1.2 million in the US, and the population of the US is five times higher. Violence is out of control in the UK, not in the US. The US is a much safer place - because we are armed.”

Ok, I've looked into it and he's right, there were approx 1.2m violent crimes in the US in 2011, and 1.9m in the UK (although I'd suggest the fact we class "pushing and shoving" as a violent crime probable skews our figures somewhat!). However, and I'm not just saying this because I posess an A-Level in Mathematics, I'd suggest 1.9m is not "eight times higher" than 1.2m. It's also not really the most important figure to take when considering gun control. In 2011 there were 550 murders in the UK, of which 39 were due to a gun. In the US in 2011 there were 14,748 murders, of which 9,955 were due to a gun. Now, even taking into account the difference in population (approx x5 bigger) you'd still get 2,950 murders with 1,991 using a gun. So 550 or 2,950? 39 or 1,991? You chose.

“We don't care what he thinks.....he (nor any other Liberal) will disarm the largest Army on earth ....The American Gun Owner. we have a GOD given right to self protection and we have the right to the necessary tools to implement that protection. (including high capacity Magazines and semi -automatic weapons) If you live in the middle of the country and there are hordes of armed motorcycle gangs invading your home.....how will a double barreled shotgun make any difference against a dozen armed thugs?(when the police are an hour away?) Piers and other sanctimonious Liberals have the arrogance to attempt to tell free people what they "need' or "deserve". A very dangerous position to try to enforce.”

More reference to a magic man many don't believe exists. And referring to themselves as an army isn't worrying at all is it? Nice to see that God has specifically told them they can carry high capacity magazines and semi-automatic weapons, I must have missed that book of the Old Testament. Plus, as his example shows (a story we are all well versed in as these hoardes of armed bikers are constantly swamping homes in those states in the middle of America, you know, the ones beginning and ending in a vowel where your mum is also your sister) you need automatic weapons, as America is seemingly basing it's civilization on the film Mad Max.

“A perfect example of what british males have devolved into.....a goodly portion to be sure. Not the hardy sort that carried on in spite of the nazis, the blitz and the bombings and so on. Rather a spineless, supine, prostrate jellyfish whose only weapon is a piehole oozing self righteous piety and insults. Yeah. Go back to your shrinking empire before somebody really does slap your punk backside down. (sorry, ladies...I forget how easily you're offended...)”

I very much like this description of Piers Morgan, although tarring us all with the same brush is unfair, as it reduces the accuracy of the statement, which fits Piers to a tee. It is noticeable that at least 3 of the comments above have either outright threatened violence, or else have subtlely done so. Violent people in wanting to own a gun shocker.

I don't like him. Attention seeking whore who lies.

Guns don't kill people. Rappers do.

Some of the comments though make me laugh, in particular about the Queen.
I don't bow to her. I don't sing the national anthem. If I got an MBE (lol) it would be rejected.

I feel safe in this country. Fear is a state of mind.
I'd rather live here, with no gun, than living in constant fear with a gun because my next door neighbour also has a gun.

Simples.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.