Pitch invasion measures

So how do the club ensure that only the “sensible “ fans invade the pitch & the idiots that like to wreck the goal posts (or - God forbid - want to use the occasion to knife several players & fans for terrorist reasons) stay off?
Bit dramatic with the last part mate its got like a 1 in 10000 chance of happening so if you worry about that you must go round your daily life worrying about everything little thing

Bit dramatic with the last part mate its got like a 1 in 10000 chance of happening so if you worry about that you must go round your daily life worrying about everything little thing
Strange - that’s what they said at the Manchester Arena which didn’t have 10,000 people running around the place

Hardly a little thing.

So let me have your security plans for the “good” fans who invade the pitch - & the players trying to get off

I had suggested previously sticking quick inflating bouncy castles up all around the perimeter of the pitch. They would activate immediately similar to how an inflatable speed boat inflates.
This would hinder the dickheads getting on the pitch and you could just bounce out your pent up joy. However now that @Alan Harper's Tash has suggested Laser beam headed sharks then I would like my option to be plan B.
To the guy who suggested a moat full of crocodiles; thats just ridiculous.
Some people take things too far CBH.

Crocodiles?

Madness.

Such a tory thing to do demonising pitch invasions. Government hijack these events to deter attention away from their own f*ck ups.

Brawls are rife during race days but you never hear about it in the mainstream media because it is a toff sport.

Pitch invasions are part of our club's history. Since winning the league at St James' Park back in the 60s.

These things add so much to what football is truly about - fan culture.

Go hard on the dickheads who assault people/players, yes. But god, we're talking about a huge mountain out of a molehill here.

So, as long as the authorities punish violent perpetrators after they’ve attacked someone on the pitch - it’s all ok?

What about the person who ran on the pitch just “to enjoy the moment” who ends up injured - or worse? If it was you or your children, I guess you would just say - oh well, the majority of fans were just enjoying the moment - and then you or your child would just live with any resulting disability without any thoughts of negligence ?

Look mate - if it can happen at the Manchester Arena - it can easily happen on a free for all football pitch.

Such a tory thing to do demonising pitch invasions. Government hijack these events to deter attention away from their own f*ck ups.

Brawls are rife during race days but you never hear about it in the mainstream media because it is a toff sport.
Oh FFS - what a joke of a post. you criticise politicians for lack of action but are happy for nothing to be done when it suits you

If a home team has a substantial pitch invasion, penalise the team.

Put some responsibility for the club on the fans. You can call it failure to provide adequate crowd control.

League - 30 point deduction (realistically enough to destroy your season regardless of where you are, can always apply it for the season after if a team is confirmed relegated)
Cup - Automatic forfeit of the next round (if you're losing, the team you draw next year goes through without playing the game)

It's just gone too far now. I get the excitement but it's our 6th PL now and breaking the crossbar was too far. Act like you've been here before. The Billy Sharp and Patrick Vieira incidents are even worse.

I get its over the top but to me that's how you shut it down. No fan wants to be the reason their club gets relegated or loses the title.
Not the poor crossbar, how dare they. In reality it’ll probably cost about 1% of Haaland’s weekly wage to replace and should not be compared in any way to some idiot attacking a player.

Points deductions ffs. Let’s say it’s mid feb, we’re at home to Watford on a Tuesday night.. the sort of game where’s there’s quite a few empty seats behind the North stand goal. We’re 9 points ahead of the scousers and look set to win another title.

The cult that is known as Liverpool decide to buy as many tickets as they can and all agree to run on behind the goal at full time. We lose 30 points, they win the league. Fantastic idea, really well thought out and it not in any way detrimental to clubs.

Understand your sentiments TH but how does the club ensure that only the sensible fans (the kids & big kids) invade the pitch? Or do they just risk it?!! Is that how it works?

Use common sense, if it's the final day and something meaningful has taken place, I see no reason to fix anything at the final whistle.

Anything beforehand of a mass nature, the stewards and the referee hold all the power.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.