Pitch invasion measures

Has a player in England ever been seriously hurt during a pitch invasion, ever?

Nobody wants players assaulted. And on the very rare occasion it happens, Grealish, Chris Kirkland, Billy Sharp, the perpetrator inevitably ends up in jail. As they should.

But deducting points for a harmless, celebratory bit of encroachment?

Come on.

May aswell play on the safe side and go back to lockdown where every game is on TV and nobody in the grounds.

So how do the club ensure that only the “sensible “ fans invade the pitch & the idiots that like to wreck the goal posts (or - God forbid - want to use the occasion to knife several players & fans for terrorist reasons) stay off?
If a terrorist wants to attack a large scale event like a football match, it’s basically impossible to stop.

In a crowd of 54,000 your always going to get some brain dead idiots and our Club has its fair share, particularly those who have been drinking. Grab as many as possible, put them through the Courts and ban them for life. Even the thickest Of morons would soon get the message. Problem solved.

Use common sense, if it's the final day and something meaningful has taken place, I see no reason to fix anything at the final whistle.

Anything beforehand of a mass nature, the stewards and the referee hold all the power.
I don’t think stewards have any powers - physically or legally. But it seems there’s no way it’s going to stop if so many - just on this forum alone - think it’s ok to invade the pitch. Just hope there’s no major incident anywhere in football tbat spoils it for fans everywhere

So, as long as the authorities punish violent perpetrators after they’ve attacked someone on the pitch - it’s all ok?

What about the person who ran on the pitch just “to enjoy the moment” who ends up injured - or worse? If it was you or your children, I guess you would just say - oh well, the majority of fans were just enjoying the moment - and then you or your child would just live with any resulting disability without any thoughts of negligence ?

Look mate - if it can happen at the Manchester Arena - it can easily happen on a free for all football pitch.
Why would my child 'or I get injured' by taking part in a pitch invasion? As far as I'm aware, I don't think there's anything reported about that happening vs Villa?

There's risk associated with anything... I could walk out my front door and get mowed down by a pisshead. I will not spend the rest of my life worrying about completely unprecedented (and unlikely) things.

Also, your first line is a bit washy. Obviously, it's not ok; that's why we would prosecute anyone stupid enough to do something like that. By your logic, let's not bother having any fans in stadiums as that will completely remove any risk of anything untoward happening, right? After all, we are ALL hooligans and criminals because we enjoy football?

At 58 no, I've seen relegation, promotions, titles, city fans fighting with each other, you name it, but you can't knock city fans celebrating, that's what you live for, do you remember in 2012 when we won the title and the TV were showing dick heads in the stand screaming 'get off the pitch' thinking the presentation wasn't going to happen, fucking killjoys...was it you ?
The real question should be, was Dave a City fan in 2012 or only after that win?

Who knows but Dave

Has a player in England ever been seriously hurt during a pitch invasion, ever?

Nobody wants players assaulted. And on the very rare occasion it happens, Grealish, Chris Kirkland, Billy Sharp, the perpetrator inevitably ends up in jail. As they should.

But deducting points for a harmless, celebratory bit of encroachment?

Come on.

May aswell play on the safe side and go back to lockdown where every game is on TV and nobody in the grounds.
The 40,000 who didn’t invade the pitch & enjoyed the match from the stands wouldn’t agree. Why should we have to watch on TV because some fans will not stay off the pitch.

And you more or less contradicted yourself by admitting that things are already escalating in that some players/fans have now been assaulted on the pitch by invading fans. Just a matter of time before a serious incident. But let’s wait & let it happen before we do something eh?

Why would my child 'or I get injured' by taking part in a pitch invasion? As far as I'm aware, I don't think there's anything reported about that happening vs Villa?

There's risk associated with anything... I could walk out my front door and get mowed down by a pisshead. I will not spend the rest of my life worrying about completely unprecedented (and unlikely) things.

Also, your first line is a bit washy. Obviously, it's not ok; that's why we would prosecute anyone stupid enough to do something like that. By your logic, let's not bother having any fans in stadiums as that will completely remove any risk of anything untoward happening, right? After all, we are ALL hooligans and criminals because we enjoy football?

Hopefully they won’t get injured but you/they could easily have been caught up in the actions by the idiots taunting the goalie & breaking the goal posts

We just have to stay off the pitch pal - it’s not difficult. We can still enjoy the game

The 40,000 who didn’t invade the pitch & enjoyed the match from the stands wouldn’t agree. Why should we have to watch on TV because some fans will not stay off the pitch.

And you more or less contradicted yourself by admitting that things are already escalating in that some players/fans have now been assaulted on the pitch by invading fans. Just a matter of time before a serious incident. But let’s wait & let it happen before we do something eh?
Kirkland incident was 2012

Grealish was 2019

Sharp 2022

The time span between incidents is coming down, we must act fast - I'm with CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.