PL and CL squad rules: homegrown

St.Pauli support

As I always have to look up those confusing terms, I have done some homework now.
I thought it would be worth a new thread to easily find these details in opening post.

Tried to keep it easy and left out some inferior parts. Hope it helps a bit. :)
Have fun everybody!

Premier League (not relevant for City)

1) squad of 25 with a minimum of 8 home-grown players‪ (academy or club-trained)
2) home-grown means: 3 entire seasons at FA before he is 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21), continuous or not
3) unlimited additional players under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences
4) Changes to the squad list made during the transfer window

UEFA Champions League or Europe League:

1) 25 players on List A, 2 of whom must be goalkeepers. 17 of those 25 are free or 'foreign' spots.
2) minimum 8 of those 25 must be "homegrown": „club-trained“ or up to 4 „associated-trained“
3) "association-trained player": at FA club for 3 entire seasons before aged 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)
4) minimum 4 "club-trained players": at current club for a period, continuous or not, of 3 entire seasons (i.e. A period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship)
5) unlimited number of players on List B, which must be submitted by no later than 24.00CET on the day before the match.
6) List B means he is born on or after 1 January in the year he turns 21 and at the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years

Up-to-date sources are:
for PL this:
http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/quota_for_Premier_League.htm
and for UEFA this:
http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles.../Regulations/02/35/87/89/2358789_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Last edited:
The wording of "the minimum of 8 home grown" is misleading.

For the CL we could have a squad of 17 foreigners and no home grown players.

Looks perfect n

Thanks mate!

So looking at it, do you agree Denayer is not homegrown for PL nor UEFA as he turned 21 this June and just had 2 seasons at an associated club (2013/14 CIty, 2014/15 Celtic)?

He never was and being 21 already he never will be homegrown, isn't that right?
He even wouldn't register on UEFA B list until end of 2016 as he only stayed 1 season at City, 'the club concerned'.

What's your say?

Thanks mate!

So looking at it, do you agree Denayer is not homegrown for PL nor UEFA as he turned 21 this June and just had 2 seasons at an associated club (2013/14 CIty, 2014/15 Celtic)?

He never was and being 21 already he never will be homegrown, isn't that right?
He even wouldn't register on UEFA B list until end of 2016 as he only stayed 1 season at City, 'the club concerned'.

What's your say?
When did he sign? Summer 2013. That makes him three years with our registration and he was under 21 in January. City. Celtic. Gala.

So I'd think that does make him HG.

When did he sign? Summer 2013. That makes him three years with our registration and he was under 21 in January. City. Celtic. Gala.

So I'd think that does make him HG.

OK, but when he was at Gala being non-associated with the FA, he surely cannot be registered at the FA at the same time, can he?
Does a loan outside UK indeed count for being homegrown?
Are you sure?

OK, but when he was at Gala being non-associated with the FA, he surely cannot be registered at the FA at the same time, can he?
Does a loan outside UK indeed count for being homegrown?
Are you sure?

He's still registered with us when he's on loan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.