PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Correct.

But you voted for it so it’s a bit late to start crying.

I don’t recall you coming on here and kicking off in our defence about it when these rules were first introduced.

The only reason you’re crying now is because they’ve backfired on you. You didn’t give a fuck before.
I'm quite sure @BlueLou82 didn't personally vote for it mate!

Ain't that the fact. Nothing against that particular poster, but I don't remember much sympathy from other fans when FFP was introduced, when the club settled in 2014, when we were banned in 2019, when we were cleared in 2020 and when we were "charged" again in 2023. Amazing how nobody cares until they get caught up in it .... Human nature, I suppose.
Why should they though? Football fans of all clubs care about their own club first and foremost. And they're more interested in talking about the football itself than some financial regs that are a boring topic to many and nowhere near as sexy as seeing us put a breathtaking 40-odd pass move together to put the derby to bed. I know a lot of blues but believe me, not a great deal have had much interest in the FFP topic down the years because they're far more interested in supporting the team, singing songs, and getting pissed when they're at the match. If it does ever come up in discussions, my mates usually have to rely on me to avail them of the details.

One thing i would like to know, who is City`s accuser, now normally there would not be one, the FA would say this is just procedure, and for the first two years this was true, the FA was just going through the motions, with charges highly unlikely, but about this time last year the investigators were replaced, data forensic investigators were brought in. So obviously the investigation changed from normal procedure, who authorized the change, the FA have no right to hide the name of our accuser as this is not normal procedure.
Well, it's not the FA for starters ;)

It would seem his football consultancy advising elite clubs doesn't have City on their books, but I wonder if any of his companies advice is responsible for Everton being in their present mess.

This guy was CEO of Everton when Mansour was looking to invest. I seem to remember @Prestwich_Blue saying the club sent him away with a flea in his ear.

Well worth listening to, this genius.

This latest instrument is blunter than lead piping in the conservatory.
I rediscovered the Athletic (sorry) article below from mid 2022. Sure the landscape will have evolved but it points to how sponsorship deals could be designated as ‘Associate.’

It also confirms that the barcodes threatened legal action in 2022.

Personally think it’s not surprising that a feature of the new regs is the exclusion of individual director liability. I understand that the existing regime (pre last weeks decision) allowed clubs to sign sponsorship deals in good faith before they were ‘investigated.’

Imagine a giant pile of boxes at a EPL location with evidence from clubs that all is above board on sponsorship deals above £1m and a team of EPL people combing through said evidence before presenting conclusions to some quasi EPL ‘sponsership endorsement committee’ …… and then dealing with inevitable appeals or resubmissions (and appearance in courts?) if clubs make them.

And remember the idiots are suggesting that two alternative offers must be made available- so yet more boxes of evidence

Imagine then (many months after submission… and probably after spend and publicity etc) the club and sponsor being told that the deal cannot go ahead. Then envisage the claims and counter claims.

We all know it stinks and is most likely illegal. But just looking at this practically how will the EPL actually administer the associated bureaucracy to attempt to be able to show that the regime is run fairly.

The redshirts won’t give a shit about the problem they’ve foisted onto the EPL. The lawyers will have a field day.

Masters will be told this morning ‘we’re going to need a bigger warehouse.’

https://theathletic.com/3120837/202...dhabi-and-what-it-means-for-newcastle-united/

Let’s be honest, if it was going to go tits up and we were going to be proven guilty then I’m positive Kaldhoon would get the government involved before he invested another £20bn plus into the UK economy! For the record I don’t think we are guilty and it’s a hatchet job from the premier league but I’m sure that call would be made about no more investment going forward which would end this farce once and for all.
You wont go down it will be a big fine at worse and the PL will claim a moral victory sadly for the red shirts City have already bolted through the gate and its gonna take a lot to pull them back in again.

This latest instrument is blunter than lead piping in the conservatory.
I rediscovered the Athletic (sorry) article below from mid 2022. Sure the landscape will have evolved but it points to how sponsorship deals could be designated as ‘Associate.’

It also confirms that the barcodes threatened legal action in 2022.

Personally think it’s not surprising that a feature of the new regs is the exclusion of individual director liability. I understand that the existing regime (pre last weeks decision) allowed clubs to sign sponsorship deals in good faith before they were ‘investigated.’

Imagine a giant pile of boxes at a EPL location with evidence from clubs that all is above board on sponsorship deals above £1m and a team of EPL people combing through said evidence before presenting conclusions to some quasi EPL ‘sponsership endorsement committee’ …… and then dealing with inevitable appeals or resubmissions (and appearance in courts?) if clubs make them.

And remember the idiots are suggesting that two alternative offers must be made available- so yet more boxes of evidence

Imagine then (many months after submission… and probably after spend and publicity etc) the club and sponsor being told that the deal cannot go ahead. Then envisage the claims and counter claims.

We all know it stinks and is most likely illegal. But just looking at this practically how will the EPL actually administer the associated bureaucracy to attempt to be able to show that the regime is run fairly.

The redshirts won’t give a shit about the problem they’ve foisted onto the EPL. The lawyers will have a field day.

Masters will be told this morning ‘we’re going to need a bigger warehouse.’

https://theathletic.com/3120837/202...dhabi-and-what-it-means-for-newcastle-united/
The PL have reportedly substantially upped their legal team (and associated legal costs) because of their ongoing tribunals with us, Everton & Forest, with more expected to come.

PLUS they've got the leaked threat of legal action against the PL from City, Newcastle & maybe others to possibly contend with.

The legal & financial web being woven by the PL to protect the status of their founding members, is more transparent than a freshly polished window.

A day will come when even the top-flight clubs who're only interested in maintaining their PL status, will begin to realise if they ever slip up & get relegated, that they'll likely become one of 10 yoyo clubs, trying to re-establish their permanent PL status every season, & they won't be allowed to invest their way back to PL permanence.

Why should they though? Football fans of all clubs care about their own club first and foremost. And they're more interested in talking about the football itself than some financial regs that are a boring topic to many and nowhere near as sexy as seeing us put a breathtaking 40-odd pass move together to put the derby to bed. I know a lot of blues but believe me, not a great deal have had much interest in the FFP topic down the years because they're far more interested in supporting the team, singing songs, and getting pissed when they're at the match. If it does ever come up in discussions, my mates usually have to rely on me to avail them of the details.

Fair points, well made :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.