PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I had one in the pub last night giving it how can City earn all that money. Shot the fucker down when I educated that being the most successful club in the last ten years earns prize money and sponsorship. Then having an academy where we can sell on the likes of Palmer, Sancho, Lavia, Trafford etc to generate a solid income stream and that our Etihad deal is market value when Arsenal get £17 million a year less from Emirates than what City do from Etihad. They haven’t won a league for nearly 20 years and don’t consistently qualify for the champions league.

He scuttled back under his rock and didn’t have anything to say after that. There’s some right thick people out there.
You would have got more sense out of the rock -:)

Should City be found guilty will the pl release the facts ?
They'll hope that they can just say "yeah, we found City guilty, here's the punishment" and that City will slunk off dejectedly. But as I stated earlier, that would be the Premier League, a sporting body in England, claiming that a diplomat/Royal and deputy prime minister of another nation, is a fraudulent cheat.

City and the UAE are not just going to accept having one of their most senior and respected officials being slandered in this manner without seeing the conclusion of their investigation. There would be diplomatic discussions between our own elected leaders and representatives and theirs about seeking clarity and demanding to have the findings from the PL made public to see why they came to that conclusion so that they could contest it.

The PL think they're dealing with Nortown FC sponsored by Betty's Burgers and they should toe the line.
A guilty verdict would send this into the stratosphere, politically speaking, and for the PL to withhold their findings from scrutiny would end up causing an international diplomatic row.

I'm not going into the detail of the City charges but what I'll say with Everton is that their case was far more 'cut and dry' than the City charges as they were warned repeatedly about their FFP obligations by the PL but still went ahead and signed players and incurred losses, assuming they could write it off against Covid. The fact other teams complied with FFP and then got relegated means that they have a far more persuasive argument for compensation and, make no mistake, Everton will be sued successfully for many millions of pounds.

With you guys there are charges that have not yet been proven and that will take time and process. Plus these charges are all retrospective, there was no edict at the time the alleged offences were taking place where the PL said 'hey guys you shouldn't be doing this, please stop'.

With Everton the PL was warning them at the time they were incurring losses that they should not be signing any more players but they went ahead and did it anyway so it was far easier for the PL to find them guilty and issue the penalty.
Nice to hear that there are fans of other clubs with the intelligence and independence of mind to not be led into believing otherwise.

I'm not a qualified legal eagle, but have knowledge in this field, and in my experience you do your investigation, make your claim (charges), disclose your evidence to the defendant & agree a timetable for them to respond.

If the parties can't come to a settlement or full settlement, only then do you proceed to the judicial process. Our situation is anything but this, hence why I was confused how this situation was allowed to come about.

The fact the accuser made the claim but estimates it'll take them 2-4 years to provide their evidence suggests to me this is a bullshit fishing exercise meant to damage City's reputation in the court of public opinion.

I'd appreciate it if you can correct me if I've got the non-criminal process wrong somewhere. None of this makes any sense to me outside of what I've stated & reasoned.
You are

How do you know this? They must have something to build their case on. What bothers me after the current media speculation is that the PL can’t afford the embarrassment of us being cleared & in this stinking corrupt world of football, it’s the ones in charge that rule. Money talks & we’re not that sort of underhand club that passes brown envelopes, like for example, Chelski & I fear our niceness will be our downfall.
Why? UEFA didn't.

I'm not a qualified legal eagle, but have knowledge in this field, and in my experience you do your investigation, make your claim (charges), disclose your evidence to the defendant & agree a timetable for them to respond.

If the parties can't come to a settlement or full settlement, only then do you proceed to the judicial process. Our situation is anything but this, hence why I was confused how this situation was allowed to come about.

The fact the accuser made the claim but estimates it'll take them 2-4 years to provide their evidence suggests to me this is a bullshit fishing exercise meant to damage City's reputation in the court of public opinion.

I'd appreciate it if you can correct me if I've got the non-criminal process wrong somewhere. None of this makes any sense to me outside of what I've stated & reasoned.
It’s certainly tarnishing our reputation. We are pre judged in the court of public opinion as guilty or post facto guilty of paying off the EPL if not sanctioned .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.