PL players face 10-day isolation after every overseas trip

The Champions League is a specified competition:

Competition Organisers may seek to be listed as a “specified competition” where, subject to meeting strict criteria, accredited attendees may be exempt from self-isolation requirements to enable them to participate in or help deliver the specified competition. It will be the responsibility of the Competition Organiser to agree any listing of their event as a “specified competition” directly with the UK government (DCMS). This must be done at the event planning stage, and DCMS requires at least 6 weeks’ notice of any event taking place for due consideration as to whether legislation should be amended so that the event becomes a “specified competition” for the purposes of the Regulations. All other Competitions, and attendees of other competitions, must continue to adhere to the Regulations in full.

Here is the list, the article is legally bollocks:

The changes were on 10th Feb adding Olympic athletes and taking away exemptions for new signings, nothing else changed, and clubs would have be adhering to the rules anyway no doubt.

Last edited:
If it's 5 days isolation after negative test, then we'll have no choice but to split our team in half for those away legs until our lead in the league is comfortable enough that we can afford a loss.

Send 11 players plus a couple of subs to the CL away game.

Keep 11 home for the league game.

From the Semi-Final (maybe even Quarters) onwards we should be fine to 'throw' 1 league game.

I think as long as players stay in their sporting bubble they'll be fine.

Last edited:
That is stupid , do they mean they can train and play games but not go out as in personal isolation ?
They can share a dressing room with all the players, coaches etc, go out on to the pitch mixing with team mates and opponents, jump all over each other when they score and shake hands with everyone after the game.

They just can't stop off at the co-op on the way home.

They can share a dressing room with all the players, coaches etc, go out on to the pitch mixing with team mates and opponents, jump all over each other when they score and shake hands with everyone after the game.

They just can't stop off at the co-op on the way home.
Madness isnt it , how does it work , can the players that go to the cl game take part on sat ? It takes on average five days to test positive so testing them on friday might not show up if anyone has it

Remember Salah went to his brothers wedding even though he was in a international sporting bubble....
I read it as it is to stop that. If you travel in and stay in your bubble you are OK. If you Buger off somewhere it is 5/10 days isolation

If it's 5 days isolation after negative test, then we'll have no choice but to split our team in half for those away legs until our lead in the league is comfortable enough that we can afford a loss.

Send 11 players plus a couple of subs to the CL away game.

Keep 11 home for the league game.

From the Semi-Final (maybe even Quarters) onwards we should be fine to 'throw' 1 league game.
It won't impact on our domestic games in any way.

The Champions League is a specified competition:

Competition Organisers may seek to be listed as a “specified competition” where, subject to meeting strict criteria, accredited attendees may be exempt from self-isolation requirements to enable them to participate in or help deliver the specified competition. It will be the responsibility of the Competition Organiser to agree any listing of their event as a “specified competition” directly with the UK government (DCMS). This must be done at the event planning stage, and DCMS requires at least 6 weeks’ notice of any event taking place for due consideration as to whether legislation should be amended so that the event becomes a “specified competition” for the purposes of the Regulations. All other Competitions, and attendees of other competitions, must continue to adhere to the Regulations in full.

Here is the list, the article is legally bollocks:

The changes were on 10th Feb adding Olympic athletes and taking away exemptions for new signings, nothing else changed, and clubs would have be adhering to the rules anyway no doubt.
Am I reading that correctly? Only FA international games i.e. England games qualify for those rules, so internationals with any of our other players won't?

I never realised you were such an optimist. The story has hooked you. It is a sensational meaningless headline. It will be 5 days on a negative test
I am having a bad day.

some horrific family news that I dont really want to talk about.

I just cant see anything good in anything today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.