Places to Watch City in... Requests/Recommendations Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by SebastianBlue, 13 Aug 2018.

1. Bobbyespania

Bobbyespania

Koh Samui (Thai)
    Woodys bar

Playa Honda (esp)
    El Refugio

SebastianBlue likes this.
  2. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Actually had a similar ‘neutral’ experience with Chavs when watching Chelsea v City at Mabel’s a year ago.

I wouldn’t say they have plenty of screens, though — there are definitely places where you can’t get a clear sight when it is full (without it being like watching ants run around a football pitch, anyway, haha).

3. Blumers Bloomers

Blumers Bloomers

Hi gang. Managed to tear myself away from the beach, having found a place to watch another VAR bent decision

Media Oriente . 5 minute walk from from the Teatro Massimo .

4. peoffrey

peoffrey

Mabel’s was brilliant for the 3-2 win at Everton under Pellegrini. I liked the beer options and it did food too. I think it would be wiser to have one London base otherwise people get confused. If The Horseshoe won’t open on Saturday and Sunday for us then we go elsewhere. The Blue Anchor used to.

I’d love to know if any of the old City Pride regulars are still around. Do any of you know Mark, Steven or the lad with peroxide blond hair whose name escapes me. It’s been a while.

5. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Mabel’s was originally the only one I listed (based on my experience) but then we received many recommendations that the Horseshoe was the better venue now, hence the change.

And I don’t think we should necessarily be listing only one place per area (especially large cities like London), as that would limit immediate options for blues in different parts of the city (which is why I was talking about Mabel’s being easier to get to in my follow up posts).

6. peoffrey

peoffrey

Getting everyone together is the key. I’d argue most matches are weekends for one.

7. borassic

borassic

I went to one just round the corner from The Horseshoe for Spurs called The Bowlers, it was new and the beer was good.

8. BufordUSABlue

BufordUSABlue

Team supported:
    Only football team to come from Manchester
    Atlanta - Downtown = Brewhouse Café, Moreland Ave, Atlanta (Lots of Blues go here, from miles around! - opens early!)
    Atlanta - Midtown = Ri Ra's (Manager is a Chelski fan)
    Buckhead - Fado's (Get all teams fans in here, but have loads of TV's dedicated to groups, so its usually decent. Probably avoid for the red dippers games as they congregate like rats for these) (Cracking English breakfast as well, but the food is decent whatever you have (fish-n-chips especially!)

9. RadcliffeRick

RadcliffeRick

Nowhere in Malaysia. The bars are great but Astro is so Littlewoods focused it is embarrassing. I stormed out of the bar the day City won the premiership in May because of astro wankers

10. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Cheers all - OP has been updated @Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer likes this.