Plan to suspend the Metrolink line to the stadium?

Out of curiosity is there a rail or metro line from M/c airport to the etihad?

There seems to be no plan to run any trams through Piccadilly whilst this work takes place. There's also no plans to run trams between Ashton and New Islington (or as close as they could get to the new station works). Partly its logistics as theres nowhere to store trams overnight on that line, partly its the fact that the 216 runs pretty much the same route and could pick up the slack, but mainly that the government supply the cash for HS2 which will involve building the new station and metrolink station, but not for any additional metrolink running costs as a result.

The best hope is that City/operators of the arena pick up the tab to run some form of enhanced transport to/from the Etiahd Campus on event days.

They are currently but in these new plans it will be moving. SSC explain it better than me, scroll down to VDB post #50,838

Thanks. I'll be surprised if HS2 gets anywhere north of Birmingham, if inflation continues on its current path the increased costs will make it even more of a political hot potato.

Thanks. I'll be surprised if HS2 gets anywhere north of Birmingham, if inflation continues on its current path the increased costs will make it even more of a political hot potato.
I think it'll happen now and it should be built for future generations, but wouldn't be too bothered myself if it doesn't. If it does get cancelled then the money wouldn't get diverted to local projects, so not sure why people protest against it on that argument.

Why upgrade Piccadilly train station with all that inconvenience? Simply convert the long empty Mayfield Station next door for HS2.

And re-open Park Station on the Ashton line near the fire station while we are at it.

your speaking too much sense fella.

The fools in charge wont listen.

I think it'll happen now and it should be built for future generations, but wouldn't be too bothered myself if it doesn't. If it does get cancelled then the money wouldn't get diverted to local projects, so not sure why people protest against it on that argument.
I'd like it to be built but the cynic in me says it'll go the same way as the Northern Powerhouse rail improvements, probably watered down into an upgrade of the exisiting line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.