Plan to suspend the Metrolink line to the stadium?

I am not understanding why if the tram can go as far as New Islington why it can't go a stop further to City? If the work is at Piccadilly, how does it run to New Islington?
No, it makes no sense to me either, and in fact Ashton itself, if a tram can get there it can use the whole line as far as I can see, if it was stopped at (or before Piccadilly) I could understand it.

Interested to know if folk on the forum believe that HS2 will actually be completed beyond Brum?

I’ve always believed that HS2 is a pie in the sky concept that is currently supported by people who will be long out of power with their peerages and privileges banked long before decisions are taken to pare back / suspend work/ introduce alternatives. Sure some ground work will be done but the current spend forecast against the original budget is frighteningly out of balance and I don’t see how the spend can be justified or the money found.

HS2 is a great sound bite to those who are really only interested in spend around London and the Home Counties. How many people are really interested in getting to London 20 minutes faster than is possible now?

Invest in and upgrade the current infrastructure and build new, only where absolutely essential North of Brum has always seemed a better plan to me. Invest in the lines over and across the Pennines now. Dont put the money in a new line.

Personally I don’t think we will be travelling distances sat in metal tubes or move freight powered by electrified lines in 20 / 30 years time. And fewer and fewer of us will need to travel very quickly or regularly commute to the shithole that is London.

The vision of the people leading the country is short sighted and unimaginative.

No, it makes no sense to me either, and in fact Ashton itself, if a tram can get there it can use the whole line as far as I can see, if it was stopped at (or before Piccadilly) I could understand it.

Surely a temporary stop could be built just outside Piccadilly station? Or could the line be re-routed? I don't see a multi-millon pound investment project being abandoned for years.

Mind you I really love the mock outrage from some here stating that it is both a disgrace the close the line and that it is so shite that no-one would ever want to use it anyway.

Interested to know if folk on the forum believe that HS2 will actually be completed beyond Brum?

I’ve always believed that HS2 is a pie in the sky concept that is currently supported by people who will be long out of power with their peerages and privileges banked long before decisions are taken to pare back / suspend work/ introduce alternatives. Sure some ground work will be done but the current spend forecast against the original budget is frighteningly out of balance and I don’t see how the spend can be justified or the money found.

HS2 is a great sound bite to those who are really only interested in spend around London and the Home Counties. How many people are really interested in getting to London 20 minutes faster than is possible now?

Invest in and upgrade the current infrastructure and build new, only where absolutely essential North of Brum has always seemed a better plan to me. Invest in the lines over and across the Pennines now. Dont put the money in a new line.

Personally I don’t think we will be travelling distances sat in metal tubes or move freight powered by electrified lines in 20 / 30 years time. And fewer and fewer of us will need to travel very quickly or regularly commute to the shithole that is London.

The vision of the people leading the country is short sighted and unimaginative.
It’s about increasing capacity

Beer might be best, but you’re talking some sense there.

It will actually shave about 56 minutes off the journey, cutting Manchester to London journey’s in half (nearly).

Don’t get me wrong, I think the billions spent on it could be put to better use, but it would make Manchester to London commutable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.