Plant Based Foods

Why Always Ste

I've been looking into coming off Meats (including Fish) for awhile now, having felt dependent on Fish due to the regular exercising but having spoken with people who also lifted, looked in shape and didn't consume meat... I've decided to go shopping for Beans and Greens.

Recommend any independent shops around Greater Manchester that sell this sort of stuff, as well as Herbs and plants such as Japanese knotweed?

I'm a big newbie to this as I've always eat meat.

I've swtiched to paleo, which means I'm eating more veg than ever before, and the one tip I can give you is "courgetti". Simple as fuck to make, zero calories and tastes just like pasta. Will work well on a vegan diet.

Is Paleo just the latest fad (Aldi are on it already) or is there definite science behind it? I've ramped up my healthy eating since taking up running, but I've not disowned the meat/fish/wine route...no way José!
I've upped the fruit and veg (big thing for avocados at the moment) and always makes large batches of granola (cheaper and better tasting)...but I've balked at the likes of cauliflower pizza or gluten free curly wurlys.

Is Paleo just the latest fad (Aldi are on it already) or is there definite science behind it? I've ramped up my healthy eating since taking up running, but I've not disowned the meat/fish/wine route...no way José!
I've upped the fruit and veg (big thing for avocados at the moment) and always makes large batches of granola (cheaper and better tasting)...but I've balked at the likes of cauliflower pizza or gluten free curly wurlys.

Hijacking Ste's thread here(sorry), but paleo's basic premise is that our gut isn't designed to process grains, dairy and refined sugar. A month in and I've noticed three things. Firstly, I've no desire to snack on food. I genuinely feel full throughout the day, thanks to the amount of meat and veg I am eating. This has resulted in my second thing, I'm 25lbs down in 4 weeks. Lastly and most significantly, my resting heart rate has come down to 44bpm. That's high performance athlete level. I played sports at a high level in my 20's and my heart rate was never this good, so that has to be the diet. I've jumped on paleo because I've chronic psoriasis and have read a lot that it should help, but that'll take months. But the immediate benefits are there. The biggest downside is you spend your day prepping nice food.

I've been looking into coming off Meats (including Fish) for awhile now, having felt dependent on Fish due to the regular exercising but having spoken with people who also lifted, looked in shape and didn't consume meat... I've decided to go shopping for Beans and Greens.

Best decision you'll ever make.

Hijacking Ste's thread here(sorry), but paleo's basic premise is that our gut isn't designed to process grains, dairy and refined sugar. A month in and I've noticed three things. Firstly, I've no desire to snack on food. I genuinely feel full throughout the day, thanks to the amount of meat and veg I am eating. This has resulted in my second thing, I'm 25lbs down in 4 weeks. Lastly and most significantly, my resting heart rate has come down to 44bpm. That's high performance athlete level. I played sports at a high level in my 20's and my heart rate was never this good, so that has to be the diet. I've jumped on paleo because I've chronic psoriasis and have read a lot that it should help, but that'll take months. But the immediate benefits are there. The biggest downside is you spend your day prepping nice food.
Have you tried intermittent fasting as well? google Dr Jason Fung for more info

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.