Plantar Fasciitis

Got it about 12 months ago, and as a postie it wasn't exactly helpful.

Went to a shop called Shuropody (think it's a small chain) where all the staff are trained podiatrists. Had a free assessment and then got some off the shelf half foot shoe inserts, about £30. Completely sorted it out. Also did some stretching as described above, and put a plastic bottle of water in the freezer and rolled the frozen bottle under my foot arch.

Hope you get it sorted as it's no fun.

Got it about 12 months ago, and as a postie it wasn't exactly helpful.

Went to a shop called Shuropody (think it's a small chain) where all the staff are trained podiatrists. Had a free assessment and then got some off the shelf half foot shoe inserts, about £30. Completely sorted it out. Also did some stretching as described above, and put a plastic bottle of water in the freezer and rolled the frozen bottle under my foot arch.

Hope you get it sorted as it's no fun.

Get the water proof trainery type things. I've heard they are a lot better for your feet than the usual shoes.

I went to Salford School of Podiatry,they made me a pair of shoe inserts which helped as lot. About £60 much cheaper than private. Meanwhile wear Skechers and crocs ..

Did similar in Chicago many years ago. Recovery would’ve been brutal without it

Get a rubber bouncy ball and stick it in the freezer, then when it's frozen, put it on the floor and roll your foot over it. Hurts like a mofo but releases the tendons nicely.

I was doing this recently when the tendons in my feet were tight.

Went to a see an osteopath for a sports massage and assessment. Prodded a few places in my feet with pain and knew I had been doing so. Said it’s an absolute no and it often given as bad advice from people with good intentions. Creating a small, focalised pressure point on the tendon actually increase damage to the muscle and surrounding tissue as it takes the full force of impact and the pain that gives is often a moreish pain.

If you are to roll, it should be over a larger surface area, a slightly bobbled foam roller to roll both feet on was what was suggested.

He massaged tightness out of my feet, and it turns out what was causing mine was one leg longer than the other so it impacted in my running.

I was doing this recently when the tendons in my feet were tight.

Went to a see an osteopath for a sports massage and assessment. Prodded a few places in my feet with pain and knew I had been doing so. Said it’s an absolute no and it often given as bad advice from people with good intentions. Creating a small, focalised pressure point on the tendon actually increase damage to the muscle and surrounding tissue as it takes the full force of impact and the pain that gives is often a moreish pain.

If you are to roll, it should be over a larger surface area, a slightly bobbled foam roller to roll both feet on was what was suggested.

He massaged tightness out of my feet, and it turns out what was causing mine was one leg longer than the other so it impacted in my running.

I can only speak from experience. I often get tightness in the front of my right sole, after running/football, and the ball sorts it right out.

I can only speak from experience. I often get tightness in the front of my right sole, after running/football, and the ball sorts it right out.

I was doing it too thinking it was helping but always needed to do it again the next day so it probably wasn’t doing myself any good. The pain is weirdly addictive doing it though.

I had it, stopped me running for a good while, which Ironically is the worst thing you can do. Golf ball, just massage the tender spot by going round and round on the golf ball, and resting it only makes it worse. As others have said it will eventually heal on it's own.

If you want some fun you can have a corticosteroid injection.

Mostly stretches/orthotics will be the mainstay though.

Get the water proof trainery type things. I've heard they are a lot better for your feet than the usual shoes.

Got them. Never wear them though. They're not that comfy and aren't waterproof, you'll not be surprised to hear.

Trying to sell them on eBay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.