Plastic carrier bag cost to double

Got to start somewhere mate, I do understand what you are saying, but if we all,said fuck it in the past then the world would be a worse place than it is. I’ve recycled ever since I lived in Germany in the early 90s when over here you just had one bin, we had 5, general rubbish, cardboard, green bottles, brown bottles and clear bottles of glass. Obviously plastic is a huge problem yet I still see McDs using them for straws when a lot aren’t, I think big corporations should bear the brunt of the tax hikes I just can’t get my head round veg in plastic, save your body but not the planet utter fucking nonsense

Yeah agree my point was it wont make a difference!

With all the recycling bin is usually full of plastic food wrappings ;) we had it right when you had a string bag and picked your own fresh food now its all neatly packaged in plastic none recycling seald bags

Absolutely pal. Did you see that report on countryfile of all the old landfill sites which were inexplicably put near the coast, and now years later thanks to coastal erosion are ‘weeping’ rubbish from 20, 30 years ago, including plastic bags, are the cliffs on the shoreline, on the beach and into the sea. Seriously grim stuff. For something like that, what China, USA etc do or don’t do is irrelevant. If we cut down our own waste it will make a difference to this little island!
Indeed. You should see how shitty some of the 'beauty spots' in Asia are because of ridiculously excessive use of plastic. The USA isn't actually too bad on this issue. Plastic is far more of a problem in developing countries.

It's not just plastic carrier bags which are a problem.
What about takeaway food containers?
Everywhere from the local chippy to pizza and burger chains use all manner of packaging which is difficult to recycle.
What about dog poo bags too?

Call me a cynic, but has this suggestion been made to distract us from Brexit and other more important issues?

Everywhere from the local chippy to pizza and burger chains use all manner of packaging which is difficult to recycle.

Call me a cynic, but has this suggestion been made to distract us from Brexit and other more important issues?
I use biodegradable dog pooh bags bit dearer but a number of councils do provide them foc.

Whilst I would continue to increase the cost to deter people from buying the real solutions are at the manufacturing stage I.e do not make never mind charging punters more - anyone with a child would notice the ridiculous amount of plastic packaging toys come with, the vast majority of which is unnecessary

I

I don’t get how hard it can be to get companies to use recyclable packaging in the first place ! The majority of food packaging can’t be recycled , certain plastics can’t be saved ( black vac formed )

Also why can’t the country have the same coloured bins which is then colour coded to the packaging so it ensures you are putting it in the right bin ? Surely it’s not that hard but just seems to be pushed onto the end user to do the majority of the work

Don't know how it is in the UK , Lidl in Spain only using paper carrier bags. Regards pricing, up it to £1 a bag and see how many people will start to take their own.

Was gonna say the same thing. In Lidl in Spain they only have paper bags now. We bought a couple of those giant IKEA bags and always use them to go shopping. It's about time society as a whole got properly serious about plastics instead of the usual half arsed efforts they usually come up with.

i remember cardboard boxes near the tills you could use don't see it anymore

Cynic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.