Platini backs Winter World Cup in Qatar 2022

Matty

This isn't Facebook, there will be no status updat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16004787.stm

I may be wrong here but I'd suggest Platini and UEFA have no real say in when La Liga, Serie A, the Bundesliga or The Premiership schedule their matches. Scudamore and, more importantly, the chairmen and owners, of Premiership clubs would but dead against messing with, not only the 2022 season, but no doubt 2021 and 2023 as well to accommodate rearrangement of the season. This may well be a turning point for the "power" of UEFA and FIFA. The top European leagues are where the money that funds these organisations comes from (the leagues themselves and the sponsorship they attract), it's about time they flexed their muscles and brought UEFA and FIFA back into line.

I would also mention most fans wouldn't want the World Cup to be moved, but as we all know, UEFA, FIFA, Platini and Blatter couldn't care less about football fans.

I'm not sure that most football fans will be that much against it. A break in Jan & Feb with the season then running to the end of June / early July doesnt sound all that bad. It would probably be necessary to start the season a week or two early and run the following season from the beginning of Sept to end of May. But I dont think that's such a big deal.

The elite clubs association or whatever there called would go apeshit but probably couldn't stop it anyway.

Not arsed, I mean its ages away, I'm more concerned about the milk in my fridge expiring. We might all be dead by then.

istock000005177019small.jpg

If this happens then UEFA is dead as a organiser and it will give clubs all the power.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.