Platinum Season Tickets

If the club remove the Platinum membership I will insist that they return to me the £350 which I have paid during the past 7 years.
said same thing been paying it since 2011/12 season for me & my son if they were to scrap it then it would be classed as mis selling

Platinum! Could be next PPI scandal if they scrap it now !!!!
All that money people have laid out!!
Unfortunately I have been in it from the start and all the cup schemes even before 2012 and to remain in the pecking order I have to keep all my three in it still no escape. If they scrap it people will be better off financially but won’t move anywhere.

Same as scrapping points for aways, means I can pick and choose and not fall behind (even though I don’t)
However the 10 or so less glamorous games that go to all seasoncards with potentially 400 points (if on platinum) to gain will now never happen thus all stagnant and no one moves anywhere on the pecking order until someone croaks

Over the 10 months DD it works out and extra fiver per month or £15 in my case

edit - daughter has finally qualified from uni after 8 years so she can pay for her bloody own. Only £10 per month extra

You haven't wasted your money, you've got double points for all the years you were on it. If you think you are going to catch the top boys then think again, it won't ever happen.
I will be 78 when the new season starts I'm on 26,000 points, In the next ten years or so not only will he catch me up he'll go past me. I'll probably be watching from an old folks home or the clouds. ;-)

If the club remove the Platinum membership I will insist that they return to me the £350 which I have paid during the past 7 years.
I've been paying it since the beginning too but as others have said we've benefitted from the bonus points during that time.
The loyalty points bonus isn't a short term gain though, you need to invest long-term to get any benefit (my son probably wouldn't have got a Porto ticket without it) so if they stop using loyalty points as the criteria for buying away tickets the extra money we've paid will be worthless.

Platinum, IMHO, ceased to have a practical point (ignoring the moral) once points were no longer added for away matches.
If you are in the cup schemes, you can get to the FA Cup semi final, and the final of anything we get to in a normal season.
At the margin, platinum might help you get an FA Cup QF away as you build up, but the biggest league matches (United and Liverpool away), no point. Same with a euro semi final and any euro stadium we haven't played in before (a rarity now, sadly).

The double points thing is a fallacy, it was join platinum not to lose points.

From the third season at CoMS it was realised that City Card holders could get more points than Season Card holders, so you got the same points no matter what card. As home games were 10, 20 and 30 points this was always going to be more than 190 and 2005/06 it was 420, and another season around then 190 plus a manula adjustment of another 150 later in the season.

Therefore rather than double points for Platinum, it is more Platinum is the norm as far has points is are concerned for season cards, and Gold is half points.

The same with home cup games, the last 5 before platinum was introduced were worth 100 points each, but on Platinum they are worth 20 and Gold 10 now. Whilst 100 was unusual, points had fluctuated between 20 and 10 and in the couple of seasons before Platinum, however Arsenal in the LCQF in 2009 was 50 points and so was Timasora the start of the season after. So Platinum doesn't mean more points for home games in the cup when you average it out compared to precious seasons, at best it is close to parity, and less than half for Gold.

Away points were typically 20 before Platinum, but not all, and the 30 points games were not doubled, but most were, and now none are. The main boost was for the cup schemes which had been 25 points or 50 in previous seasons and went up to 300/600 for the lot, bit both Gold and Platinum benefit form the boost compared to previous years.

I opposed platinum but we got apologist on here saying it is choice, you know the experts who never go, it was clearly just a tax if you wanted to go away or to finals, and would mean everybody lost bar the club raking in their £0.5m for 10k fans who have it. It was worse for kids as in the SS the £95 tickets were increased to £140 + platinum doubling in price for an under 16 in the space of a year.

In rough figures had 8k points before platinum, and have gone less since with another 17k points making 25k.

Without platinum I would have had 16.5k, but I doubt there is anyone with that many point who has never been Platinum or Superbia, so I am not stealing any bodies ticket.

The real issue is the lack of tickets allocated to points, which has been chiselled away since 2007/08, and before that no one gave a shit about point as there was only demand for 1 away game a season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.