Platinum Season Tickets

SaddleworthBlueRhino

In recent years we've gone platinum to keep up our points total. We're both around the K15 mark and always join all the cup schemes. These totals never qualify us for the big league away matches but we usually get to most away cup games given a decent allocation. We qualified for CL Final tickets on the second day and they were still available. I suspect there are lots of similar Blues reviewing Platinum membership & given the lack of points for attending away matches they hardly seem worthwhile.

Can we also try and avoid drifting into the "Buying Points" debate as the majority of my full home & away seasons were in the days of "Collecting Tokens' and were prior to work & family commitments and it is only as more free time has become available that Ive been able to get into away matches again. My current points represent a continuous season ticket since the "70's" and I don't consider myself entitled to anything - I just want to be there to Boo that anthem at a "Normal Final."

Thoughts appreciated.

In recent years we've gone platinum to keep up our points total. We're both around the K15 mark and always join all the cup schemes. These totals never qualify us for the big league away matches but we usually get to most away cup games given a decent allocation. We qualified for CL Final tickets on the second day and they were still available. I suspect there are lots of similar Blues reviewing Platinum membership & given the lack of points for attending away matches they hardly seem worthwhile.

Can we also try and avoid drifting into the "Buying Points" debate as the majority of my full home & away seasons were in the days of "Collecting Tokens' and were prior to work & family commitments and it is only as more free time has become available that Ive been able to get into away matches again. My current points represent a continuous season ticket since the "70's" and I don't consider myself entitled to anything - I just want to be there to Boo that anthem at a "Normal Final."

Thoughts appreciated.
I have changed from platinum to gold on 17300 points and gone on all cup schemes so have "lost" 490 renewal points. I Can't justify an extra £50 for these points plus around 60-100 for home cup games approx. I know I will never catch up and never get the big away games and will just go to any I can qualify for. Just wondering what happened to superbia, is it still going?

One issue I hear a lot on this site is how people feel as though they are being (have been) priced out of attending football games these days. Now, not long ago I was one of those, had to pick and choose games (partly cost, partly due to other family responsibilites) and only relatively recently felt comfortable with getting a season ticket.

As such, if purchasing a platinum "upgrade" gets more money into the coffers to help keep prices lower for others I don't have an issue with it as such, but it should come with a few perks and if that is boosting my points total to help get into an earlier purchase window (better seats) for finals etc because I was unable to get these points before, that seems fair to me.

At the moment I may struggle for a CL final but I usually have no problem for the domestic ones as long as I'm in the relevant schemes. That said, my kids need their totals boosting.

So it's not just about the top end of the points scale.

Thoughts appreciated.
I'll leave aside my thoughts on Platinum, as per your request, but you get double points for renewing and for going on all cup schemes. That's an additional 490 points per year even without away tickets. Plus do you also get points (which would be doubled) for buying the cup tickets when you're on the schemes?

The club have been talking about only giving points for attendance in future. That would hopefully see the end of Platinum.

I have changed from platinum to gold on 17300 points and gone on all cup schemes so have "lost" 490 renewal points. I Can't justify an extra £50 for these points plus around 60-100 for home cup games approx. I know I will never catch up and never get the big away games and will just go to any I can qualify for. Just wondering what happened to superbia, is it still going?
It is

Because for 7 years I have tried to catch up with people who refused to go on this membership.
If I knew 7 years ago that the club after a few years would ditch the scheme I wouldn’t of wasted the money that I outlayed.
You haven't wasted your money, you've got double points for all the years you were on it. If you think you are going to catch the top boys then think again, it won't ever happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.