Platinum Season Tickets

Just out of interest, did the loyalty points scheme start when we moved from Maine Rd?
think it was whilst we were at Maine Road, it started ticket stubs for Bristol Rovers & Wigan away in May 99, following season it started at 10 away stubs from previous season for first away games at Fulham & Bolton, then it went tracked away games for 2000/01 season think loyalty points started the following season.

think it was whilst we were at Maine Road, it started ticket stubs for Bristol Rovers & Wigan away in May 99, following season it started at 10 away stubs from previous season for first away games at Fulham & Bolton, then it went tracked away games for 2000/01 season think loyalty points started the following season.
I think everyone that had a season ticket when we moved, were started off on 1,000 points.

I have been on platinum since its launch and to be honest I haven't seen much benefit in getting away tickets. The only reason I stayed on it is I switched to DD a few years back so.it was a lot easier to let it all automatically renew instead of pissing about trying to change things.
This season I am one those having to be relocated due to the new electronic advertising boards being installed.
The ticket office are going to ring me on the 16th to arrange my relocation, so I will take the opportunity to ask them to remove platinum.

Just out of interest, did the loyalty points scheme start when we moved from Maine Rd?
Thats one of the big points in the points discussion. No records transferred over and existing season ticket holders were given 1500 (I think!!) points to start them off. So I instantly lost 30 years of a continuous season ticket & a decent travelling record. Prior to points it was based upon length of season ticket purchases, tokens & the front page of away programmes. AND massive queues in and out of the ground as these were swapped around. Did a couple of overnighters queuing for big cup games.

Why? You paid £50 each season for double points, what else did you want from it?
I worked out when it was introduced, that it would take me around 10 yrs to get 5000 additional points to add to my already 11000, which was nowhere near enough points for the big away games. So it was a no from me

Thats one of the big points in the points discussion. No records transferred over and existing season ticket holders were given 1500 (I think!!) points to start them off. So I instantly lost 30 years of a continuous season ticket & a decent travelling record. Prior to points it was based upon length of season ticket purchases, tokens & the front page of away programmes. AND massive queues in and out of the ground as these were swapped around. Did a couple of overnighters queuing for big cup games.
Think it was only 1000 they have us. Like you say not much reward for years of loyalty

Think it was only 1000 they have us. Like you say not much reward for years of loyalty
But much of that loyalty was unrecorded. The club didn't have correct S/T data going back more than about five years, the majority of away games in the 70s, 80s and early 90s were pay on the gate, and the club just doled out tickets for away games in exchange for S/T stubs for bigger games. I saw loads of away games in the 30 years preceding the introduction of loyalty points but accept the club had no record. I'm lucky in that I also saw the majority of away games following the move so now have sufficient points to get a ticket for any match. And while platinum is a way to screw the fans, it was the only way to guarantee keeping in a position where I could get tickets for games such as Bournemouth, Burton and Newport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.