Platinum Season Tickets

Thats one of the big points in the points discussion. No records transferred over and existing season ticket holders were given 1500 (I think!!) points to start them off. So I instantly lost 30 years of a continuous season ticket & a decent travelling record. Prior to points it was based upon length of season ticket purchases, tokens & the front page of away programmes. AND massive queues in and out of the ground as these were swapped around. Did a couple of overnighters queuing for big cup games
The club didn't have verifiable records going back much before the turn of the century so there was never any prospect of those of us with long-held season cards getting any additional "reward". As for away matches, most were cash at the turnstiles up to the 90s so how could they award any retrospective points for those?

You got a number of points based on how long you'd had a season ticket up to a maximum of 5 years. Previous attendance at away games wasn't take into consideration.
That’s correct, you got a maximum of 1,500 points for having a season ticket for 5 years or more. I think anything less than 5 years went down pro rata.

Thats one of the big points in the points discussion. No records transferred over and existing season ticket holders were given 1500 (I think!!) points to start them off. So I instantly lost 30 years of a continuous season ticket & a decent travelling record. Prior to points it was based upon length of season ticket purchases, tokens & the front page of away programmes. AND massive queues in and out of the ground as these were swapped around. Did a couple of overnighters queuing for big cup games.
You could have had 2,010 before the 2003/04 season started, and you would have had a big head start and no issue getting any ticket you wanted for a few years.

Like you said it was a terrible system before points, so it would have made it a lot easier for regular away goers and none had any complaints whatsoever at the time.

Season ticket holder for 45 years, been to over 80 grounds but stopped away games for family. Now they are holder my points are to low to get any away tickets even getting Platinum every year. Just failed to get CL final tickets so wonder why I bother.

When we were at Maine Road I remember going Platinum. Imagine how pissed off I was when I went at 6am for Chesterfield tickets and people were already queueing. I presume they were Superbia but I wasn't impressed so I sacked it off and started supporting Chelsea.

OK - so went platinum last year. Currently on 16200 points - Any point in keeping Platinum going? Would love to be at Wembley to see City win CL in 2024.

OK - so went platinum last year. Currently on 16200 points - Any point in keeping Platinum going? Would love to be at Wembley to see City win CL in 2024.
If it's finals you're bothered about then just make sure you're on the cup direct debit schemes. Points are immaterial if you're on the scheme as you will be guaranteed a final ticket.

You haven't wasted your money, you've got double points for all the years you were on it. If you think you are going to catch the top boys then think again, it won't ever happen.
We will "pop our socks" us "top boys" one day. Then all on Platinum will move up the ladder way before Gold Season Card holders. It's their choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.