Play Off Finals 26th / 27th / 28th May

That figure was artificially swelled for the final game of the season where they let everyone in for free or under 18's in for free..... they got something like 27,000 there. So that bumped up the average, which would have been around the 7,000 mark otherwise. Part time twats.
Nowt to do with being in the centre of the country - they are the biggest populated city / town in the league with only one club in it.
Town full of rags and dippers.
Come on MES, I know a M******* fan won't have a grip on reality but assuming you mean the final league game I'd suggest 15,874 (including me ticking off a new ground) is nowhere near 27,000. And 17,404 for the first leg of the play-off semi is also nowhere neat 27,000 and nowhere near the 40,000 that turned up at Wembley.
I know you don't like them but surely the number Gillingham took in 1999 enabled you to see first hand that any plastic can turn up for a final at Wembley.

I think Exeter's keeper is a relative of Dick Pym who kept goal for Bolton in the first Wembley Cup final.

He was signed from Exeter who bought their current ground with the transfer fee!

That figure was artificially swelled for the final game of the season where they let everyone in for free or under 18's in for free..... they got something like 27,000 there. So that bumped up the average, which would have been around the 7,000 mark otherwise. Part time twats.

Nowt to do with being in the centre of the country - they are the biggest populated city / town in the league with only one club in it.
Town full of rags and dippers.

Leeds has over double the population of Coventry.

Come on MES, I know a M******* fan won't have a grip on reality but assuming you mean the final league game I'd suggest 15,874 (including me ticking off a new ground) is nowhere near 27,000. And 17,404 for the first leg of the play-off semi is also nowhere neat 27,000 and nowhere near the 40,000 that turned up at Wembley.
I know you don't like them but surely the number Gillingham took in 1999 enabled you to see first hand that any plastic can turn up for a final at Wembley.
I apologise, my grip on reality remains intact..... it was a game in February not end of the season, against Accrington - kids in for free and a fiver an adult ticket and 28,000 of the part time twats turned up and never went again until yesterday.
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/s...ventry-city-accrington-tickets-crowd-14265292

just feel sorry for Shrewsbury, easily the 3rd best team in League 1 over the season and 62 games in are knackered turning up to Wembley and get done by a more physical side. Probably won't get another chance in a long time as their best players will get picked off as well as their manager, and they're such a small club. Rotherham sold their soul to the devil, got up, were shit and came down in embarrassing fashion. That's why the play-offs go wrong for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.