Play the Swede

3rdgenerationblue said:
Edin is struggling.
Jov is trying to hard.
Sergio needs a hand.

Bring back Guidetti please and play him.

I take it he scored tonight? David Nugent scored for England once we should fucking sign him.

Not good enough ? The lad has scored a goal a game at professional level at both Feyenoord & Celtic, and people write him off because he didn't do the same in his 25 minutes of playing time at Stoke, coming off a virus which kept him out for a year and a half. If Guidetti doesn't get a shot we may aswell not fucking bother opening our new academy.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Not good enough ? The lad has scored a goal a game at professional level at both Feyenoord & Celtic, and people write him off because he didn't do the same in his 25 minutes of playing time at Stoke, coming off a virus which kept him out for a year and a half. If Guidetti doesn't get a shot we may aswell not fucking bother opening our new academy.

Scoring goals in Holland and Scotland mean nothing. Many strikers have done that and not been very good e.g. Samaras.

I trust our coaches and they obviously think he's not good enough. From the little I have seen of him (mainly at Celtic) I agree with that sentiment and he should be sold. If it was 5/6 years ago before the Sheik he would get a chance but with lots of money and world class players he is nowhere near the first team squad.

To break into our first team from youth you have to be pretty special and he is nowhere near that

Nobody in their right mind can write off Guidetti from the information they have so far seen. They can gamble on him not making it at City but that's what it is, guesswork.

For people to suggest that scoring at an alarming rate in Scotland & Holland means nothing, is just fucking stupidity. If he'd just held down a place & done 'ok' it would mean little , but the fact that he keeps scoring means that he is a real force at that level.

The next logical step would of course be to try him at the top level & find out if he could have a future. If, after a decent chance, he can't make an impression, & more importantly, doesn't score, then it's likely he is only fit for a lower level.

If circumstances prevent that at City, ie he leaves, then it can't be helped. If they just let him go without finding out, they are just purely gambling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.