Play the Swede

Neville Kneville said:
Nobody in their right mind can write off Guidetti from the information they have so far seen. They can gamble on him not making it at City but that's what it is, guesswork.

For people to suggest that scoring at an alarming rate in Scotland & Holland means nothing, is just fucking stupidity. If he'd just held down a place & done 'ok' it would mean little , but the fact that he keeps scoring means that he is a real force at that level.

The next logical step would of course be to try him at the top level & find out if he could have a future. If, after a decent chance, he can't make an impression, & more importantly, doesn't score, then it's likely he is only fit for a lower level.

If circumstances prevent that at City, ie he leaves, then it can't be helped. If they just let him go without finding out, they are just purely gambling.

Leslie, Mancini, Pellegrini, Leslie again.

They all deemed him surplus to requirements. I doubt that they've all got it wrong.

Neville Kneville said:
For people to suggest that scoring at an alarming rate in Scotland & Holland means nothing, is just fucking stupidity. If he'd just held down a place & done 'ok' it would mean little , but the fact that he keeps scoring means that he is a real force at that level.

Its a bad level. I think the record goal scorer in Scotland is Kris Boyd, he couldn't even make it at Championship level. Then there was Alves who scored bucket loads in the Dutch league and he turned out to be rubbish at a decent level as well. Its a sad fact that scoring lots of goals at a weak level is not a sign that he is world class premier league quality.

Guidetti's contract expires in June, and according to the Scottish Papers, Marseille might offer City some cash in January.

Assuming that the bid isn't coming from the Marseille directors currently under investigation, then I would guess that we might as well get some money for him, as regardless of whether he's good enough, or whether he's had a proper chance, it looks as though somebody at City has decided that he's not coming back.

Davs 19 said:
Neville Kneville said:
Nobody in their right mind can write off Guidetti from the information they have so far seen. They can gamble on him not making it at City but that's what it is, guesswork.

The next logical step would of course be to try him at the top level & find out if he could have a future. If, after a decent chance, he can't make an impression, & more importantly, doesn't score, then it's likely he is only fit for a lower level.

If circumstances prevent that at City, ie he leaves, then it can't be helped. If they just let him go without finding out, they are just purely gambling.

They all deemed him surplus to requirements. I doubt that they've all got it wrong.

Why are you even bothering to post on this topic, when you clearly haven't even got the slightest fucking clue what you are talking about ?

I don't even know where to start with that, othef than to mention that the kid was out ill/injured for nearly two years & that Pellegrini tried to fucking sign him for Malaga, & Hughes, who saw him in City's reserves when he was fit, signed him for fucking Stoke immediately he got the chance, even though he had barely kicked a ball for eons & was 't match fit. Perhaps he did it for a joke ?

Or perhaps there is another reason ?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Did well at Stoke didn't he.

He is playing in a tin pot Sunday league.

he was injured pretty much the whole time at stoke, he's scoring though when he's playing, no matter what league.

Neville Kneville said:
Davs 19 said:
Neville Kneville said:

Why are you even bothering to post on this topic, when you clearly haven't even got the slightest fucking clue what you are talking about ?

I don't even know where to start with that, othef than to mention that the kid was out ill/injured for nearly two years & that Pellegrini tried to fucking sign him for Malaga, & Hughes, who saw him in City's reserves when he was fit, signed him for fucking Stoke immediately he got the chance, even though he had barely kicked a ball for eons & was 't match fit. Perhaps he did it for a joke ?

Hello John, how do you like Glasgow?

He'll not make it in the PL.

I spoke with a Norwich EDS defender a few days after the EDS game at Norwich last season. He said that JG never stopped moaning at his teammates, constantly complaining that he wasn't getting the ball early enough, and grew increasingly frustrated that he was unable to beat anyone when he did get the ball.

Yes, he was overweight and obviously not match fit at that point, but the Norwich lad said that he got the impression that JG wasn't too popular with his teammates. He said that he came across as big headed at the end of the game... the big 'I am'.

I suspect JG actually believes all the hype that came out of Holland after his good season, and thinks he's better than he is. He probably needed to take the step back at Celtic to go forward.

I'd like to have seen him given a run in our first team, but the virus put paid to that, and sadly he's very much yesterday's man as far as City are concerned. If we actually get money for him, I'll be amazed. Good luck to him where ever he ends up - I really do hope he makes it.

Lavinda Past said:
He'll not make it in the PL.

I spoke with a Norwich EDS defender a few days after the EDS game at Norwich last season. He said that JG never stopped moaning at his teammates, constantly complaining that he wasn't getting the ball early enough, and grew increasingly frustrated that he was unable to beat anyone when he did get the ball.

Yes, he was overweight and obviously not match fit at that point, but the Norwich lad said that he got the impression that JG wasn't too popular with his teammates. He said that he came across as big headed at the end of the game... the big 'I am'.

I suspect JG actually believes all the hype that came out of Holland after his good season, and thinks he's better than he is. He probably needed to take the step back at Celtic to go forward.

I'd like to have seen him given a run in our first team, but the virus put paid to that, and sadly he's very much yesterday's man as far as City are concerned. If we actually get money for him, I'll be amazed. Good luck to him where ever he ends up - I really do hope he makes it.

So because he wasn't fit at the time, & moaned at his team mates, that is proof he would never make it in the Premier League.

And this is from some twat who played for fucking Norwich last seaon, presumably is now at Real Madrid, whilst Gudetti, now getting fit again, has to slum it as the mian centre forward for Glasgow Celtic & on the fringe of the Swedish national team ?

Right.

For what it's worth, I don't think Guidetti will be good enough for City, but that's just my opinion & I'm just assuming that on watching him for Feyenoord & Celtic & imagining how much time he would get in the Premier League compared to that. That's the only way I can possibly judge it, as I'm not so far up my own arse as to pretend that a few pre season games & his reserve performances were any proof one way or the other. And even more fucking ridiculous, is the idea that because suchabody is the current top scorer in Scotland/Holland, it proves Guidetti won't make it at a higher level.

How fucking stupid is that for logic ?

The only way to know, is to test him.

Reading comments on here from people who absolutely know for sure, that he won't make it, & then the reasons given, not that they watch him & evaluate him, but because he didn't play enough games for Stoke, or Mancini didn't pick him when he was injured, or some no mark has scored more goals than him. You lot spouting this, whether he makes it or not, I absolutely know you are completely & utterly full of shit.

Neville Kneville said:
Davs 19 said:
Neville Kneville said:

I'm fully aware of Guidetti's problems and Malagas attempts to sign him. My opinion is that John was never going to good enough for the top end of the Prem and his virus and injury problems haven't helped matters.

We're not Malaga ans Pellers is making no attempt to keep the lad and obviously knows 'fuck all' about him like myself Nev .

If he stays fit, I think he'll have a very decent career but nowhere near the top end of the Prem or similar standard.

Apologies for having the temerity to have an opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.