Play the Swede

Lavinda Past said:
Neville Kneville said:
Lavinda Past said:
He'll not make it in the PL.

I spoke with a Norwich EDS defender a few days after the EDS game at Norwich last season. He said that JG never stopped moaning at his teammates, constantly complaining that he wasn't getting the ball early enough, and grew increasingly frustrated that he was unable to beat anyone when he did get the ball.

Yes, he was overweight and obviously not match fit at that point, but the Norwich lad said that he got the impression that JG wasn't too popular with his teammates. He said that he came across as big headed at the end of the game... the big 'I am'.

I suspect JG actually believes all the hype that came out of Holland after his good season, and thinks he's better than he is. He probably needed to take the step back at Celtic to go forward.

I'd like to have seen him given a run in our first team, but the virus put paid to that, and sadly he's very much yesterday's man as far as City are concerned. If we actually get money for him, I'll be amazed. Good luck to him where ever he ends up - I really do hope he makes it.

So because he wasn't fit at the time, & moaned at his team mates, that is proof he would never make it in the Premier League.

And this is from some twat who played for fucking Norwich last seaon, presumably is now at Real Madrid, whilst Gudetti, now getting fit again, has to slum it as the mian centre forward for Glasgow Celtic & on the fringe of the Swedish national team ?

Right.

For what it's worth, I don't think Guidetti will be good enough for City, but that's just my opinion & I'm just assuming that on watching him for Feyenoord & Celtic & imagining how much time he would get in the Premier League compared to that. That's the only way I can possibly judge it, as I'm not so far up my own arse as to pretend that a few pre season games & his reserve performances were any proof one way or the other. And even more fucking ridiculous, is the idea that because suchabody is the current top scorer in Scotland/Holland, it proves Guidetti won't make it at a higher level.

How fucking stupid is that for logic ?

The only way to know, is to test him.

Reading comments on here from people who absolutely know for sure, that he won't make it, & then the reasons given, not that they watch him & evaluate him, but because he didn't play enough games for Stoke, or Mancini didn't pick him when he was injured, or some no mark has scored more goals than him. You lot spouting this, whether he makes it or not, I absolutely know you are completely & utterly full of shit.

Your bizarre defence of Guidetti against any form of criticism on here suggests that you are (a) John Guidetti; (b) related to John Guidetti; or (c) absoutely fucking crackers.

A professional footballer expresses his honest opinion and concerns on the attitude of a fellow professional, and you refer to him as a 'twat' simply because he plays for Norwich? I think it's you who is the twat on this occasion Nev.

Read my post again - I don't want JG to fail... I've simply pointed out what I suspect may be his biggest problem - His ego. He already seems to think he's too good for Celtic... EGO. If he doesn't wise up pronto, he'll end up wasting a great opportunity for a decent career at Celtic.

As for the international stage; he's not fit to clean Zlatan's boots -He's lucky he's Swedish.

What the fuck is that last comment about ? It's just shit. You talk about Guidetti not making it because of ego, then mention Zlatan, the most egotistical git on the planet ? What kind of an opinion is that, other than proving that your own post, & the words of some no mark twat at Norwich, are both completely meaningless. If his ego was such a problem anyway, why the fuck do both teams he's played for want to sign him ?

As for defending Guidetti against any criticism, if you actually read what I've posted, I did go to the trouble of putting in great big letters, the fact that I don't think he will make it at City. That's for FOOTBALL reasons, imo, due to watching him play FOOTBALL. Not because he has head problems, or Mark fucking Hughes didn't play him at Stoke, but because when I watch him actually play, I don't think he's quite good enough. I may be totally wrong.

How many posts on here have anything to say about his actual performances, & his good & bad points ? Hardly any. Just a bunch of people jumping on the lad without even seeing him play & assuming he's shit. Or basing it on when he was 17.

I don't think he'll make it at City, but I'm by no means certain. I'm guessing, same as you lot, but the difference is, I'm telling the truth that I'm guessing, not stating it as fact, & I'm happy to see him get the chance to prove me wrong & I also realise, as he is a goalscorer, he takes brilliant free kicks & he works his balls off, he may actually turn out to be a star.

Why anyone would want to dump the kid without even looking at him, is beyond me. I worry he'll leave before we try him out.

better dead than red said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
goater1978 said:
Scoring goals in Holland and Scotland mean nothing. Many strikers have done that and not been very good e.g. Samaras.

I trust our coaches and they obviously think he's not good enough. From the little I have seen of him (mainly at Celtic) I agree with that sentiment and he should be sold. If it was 5/6 years ago before the Sheik he would get a chance but with lots of money and world class players he is nowhere near the first team squad.

To break into our first team from youth you have to be pretty special and he is nowhere near that

For every Samaras and Afonso Alves there is a Suarez and a Van Nistelrooy. I'm not saying he will be a world beater, but not giving him a fair shot after what he has done on loan sends a terrible message to our young players. Not giving Guidetti a fair shot says to our academy players that they have absolutely no chance of making it in the first team.

I disagree with you to an extant here. I think the messagage the kids in the academy will/should get would be IF you work hard and are good enough you will get a chance in the first team with City. If you aren't good enough to make it with City, for whatever reason, you've still received TOP quality training and instruction that should/will get you a chance at another club.

If I was a young man going through the Academy would I be disappointed if I didn't get into the first team? Of course, but I'd also have to count my blessings for the opportunity be happy to ply my trade at a smaller Premier League club, or in Holland, Scotland Italy or wherever. I'd be making an above average living playing a sport I love.

Driving a bus, being police or working in a shop on High Street is good honest work but I'd take playing in the Eridivisie over it ten times out of ten. Just one man's opinion though.

I'm sorry but I have no faith whatsoever in our Academy, we let go players who then get instantly snapped up by Barca, bit of a giveaway nobody has a fucking clue what they are doing. John Guidetti has 25 goals in 31 games for Celtic and Feyenoord before the age of 23. We've played him once; in central midfield, about 5 years ago. That is not a fair crack of the whip. Why aren't players such as Fofana & Angelino getting a chance when the first teamers are playing terribly ? Why the fuck did we sell Emyr Huws after he showed promise on loan ? We like to talk a good game with our new academy, but our actions are completely the opposite of our supposed philosophy.

Neville Kneville said:
Lavinda Past said:
Neville Kneville said:
So because he wasn't fit at the time, & moaned at his team mates, that is proof he would never make it in the Premier League.

And this is from some twat who played for fucking Norwich last seaon, presumably is now at Real Madrid, whilst Gudetti, now getting fit again, has to slum it as the mian centre forward for Glasgow Celtic & on the fringe of the Swedish national team ?

Right.

For what it's worth, I don't think Guidetti will be good enough for City, but that's just my opinion & I'm just assuming that on watching him for Feyenoord & Celtic & imagining how much time he would get in the Premier League compared to that. That's the only way I can possibly judge it, as I'm not so far up my own arse as to pretend that a few pre season games & his reserve performances were any proof one way or the other. And even more fucking ridiculous, is the idea that because suchabody is the current top scorer in Scotland/Holland, it proves Guidetti won't make it at a higher level.

Reading comments on here from people who absolutely know for sure, that he won't make it, & then the reasons given, not that they watch him & evaluate him, but because he didn't play enough games for Stoke, or Mancini didn't pick him when he was injured, or some no mark has scored more goals than him. You lot spouting this, whether he makes it or not, I absolutely know you are completely & utterly full of shit.

Your bizarre defence of Guidetti against any form of criticism on here suggests that you are (a) John Guidetti; (b) related to John Guidetti; or (c) absoutely fucking crackers.

A professional footballer expresses his honest opinion and concerns on the attitude of a fellow professional, and you refer to him as a 'twat' simply because he plays for Norwich? I think it's you who is the twat on this occasion Nev.

Read my post again - I don't want JG to fail... I've simply pointed out what I suspect may be his biggest problem - His ego. He already seems to think he's too good for Celtic... EGO. If he doesn't wise up pronto, he'll end up wasting a great opportunity for a decent career at Celtic.

As for the international stage; he's not fit to clean Zlatan's boots -He's lucky he's Swedish.

What the fuck is that last comment about ? It's just shit. You talk about Guidetti not making it because of ego, then mention Zlatan, the most egotistical git on the planet ? What kind of an opinion is that, other than proving that your own post, & the words of some no mark twat at Norwich, are both completely meaningless. If his ego was such a problem anyway, why the fuck do both teams he's played for want to sign him ?

As for defending Guidetti against any criticism, if you actually read what I've posted, I did go to the trouble of putting in great big letters, the fact that I don't think he will make it at City. That's for FOOTBALL reasons, imo, due to watching him play FOOTBALL. Not because he has head problems, or Mark fucking Hughes didn't play him at Stoke, but because when I watch him actually play, I don't think he's quite good enough. I may be totally wrong.

How many posts on here have anything to say about his actual performances, & his good & bad points ? Hardly any. Just a bunch of people jumping on the lad without even seeing him play & assuming he's shit. Or basing it on when he was 17.

I don't think he'll make it at City, but I'm by no means certain. I'm guessing, same as you lot, but the difference is, I'm telling the truth that I'm guessing, not stating it as fact, & I'm happy to see him get the chance to prove me wrong & I also realise, as he is a goalscorer, he takes brilliant free kicks & he works his balls off, he may actually turn out to be a star.

Why anyone would want to dump the kid without even looking at him, is beyond me. I worry he'll leave before we try him out.

you surely cant be comparing Zlatan's ego and Guidetti's ? one is absolutlely magical that has has scored at the highest level possible... and the other has done nothing yet to warrant the bluemoon wankfest he gets !! He is simply not good enough for the top of the premier league if any of it !!

Neville Kneville said:
Lavinda Past said:
Neville Kneville said:

Right.

Duuuuhhh...

1. Zlatan is Swedish, John is Swedish. They both play football in the same position. There the comparison ends.
2. 'No mark twat at Norwich' - That comment's not even worthy of mention - You are a sad man Nev. A very sad man.
3. I've referred in this and other threads to his performances and what I consider to be his good / bad points.
4. Plenty of people at various clubs have looked at JG - probably more than most young players. He's had his chance at City and someone has decided he's not good enough to progress beyond EDS. He's been tried out and he's not good enough.

I have no problems with any club selling / releasing anyone who has had the opportunity. OK, JG had a career threatening virus, but he was very well looked after, and very well paid by the club throughout. Bearing in mind they could have left him to rot , I think he's been very lucky to get a move to a great club like Celtic. Like I say, it's up to him to sort his ego out to ensure that he doesn't fuck up this chance.

There are far better prospects in our academy system than John Guidetti. Patrick Viera won't tolerate egos - he'll get it right.

mekonmcfc said:
Neville Kneville said:
Lavinda Past said:

you surely cant be comparing Zlatan's ego and Guidetti's ? one is absolutlely magical that has has scored at the highest level possible... and the other has done nothing yet to warrant the bluemoon wankfest he gets !! He is simply not good enough for the top of the premier league if any of it !!

Guidetti doesn't get a 'wankfest' just mainly people saying, as I do, that he should get a chance before he's dumped out of the club, as his record deserves it. There is no argument that his record doesn't deserve it.

Your point about egos is complete fucking garbage. It's never ever a bad thing to have confidence, especially if you are a goalscorer, in fact it is an enormous asset.

Lavinda Past said:
Neville Kneville said:
Lavinda Past said:

Duuuuhhh...

1. Zlatan is Swedish, John is Swedish. They both play football in the same position. There the comparison ends.
2. 'No mark twat at Norwich' - That comment's not even worthy of mention - You are a sad man Nev. A very sad man.
3. I've referred in this and other threads to his performances and what I consider to be his good / bad points.
4. Plenty of people at various clubs have looked at JG - probably more than most young players. He's had his chance at City and someone has decided he's not good enough to progress beyond EDS. He's been tried out and he's not good enough.

I have no problems with any club selling / releasing anyone who has had the opportunity. OK, JG had a career threatening virus, but he was very well looked after, and very well paid by the club throughout. Bearing in mind they could have left him to rot , I think he's been very lucky to get a move to a great club like Celtic. Like I say, it's up to him to sort his ego out to ensure that he doesn't fuck up this chance.

There are far better prospects in our academy system than John Guidetti. Patrick Viera won't tolerate egos - he'll get it right.

You made the fucking comparison, not me. I know Zlatan is better than Guidetti, I also know that there is no suggestion from anywhere that Gudetti has a problem with ego, apart from some twat at Norwich allegedly telling you about it. Nowhere. He freely admits he has an ego, but BOTH clubs he has played for want to sign him, so why the fuck are you making out it's a problem ? Why are you mentioning Vieira ? Has Vieira said there is a problem ?

Which people at other clubs have looked at Gudetti and when ? And please describe when exactly he had his chance at City & who/when it was decided he wasn't good enough.

You are making shit up, about one of our academy kids & it's piss poor.

Neville Kneville said:
mekonmcfc said:
Neville Kneville said:

Guidetti doesn't get a 'wankfest' just mainly people saying, as I do, that he should get a chance before he's dumped out of the club, as his record deserves it. There is no argument that his record doesn't deserve it.

Your point about egos is complete fucking garbage. It's never ever a bad thing to have confidence, especially if you are a goalscorer, in fact it is an enormous asset.

You are genuinely hilarious Nev, but you're in danger of disappearing up your own arse with this.

HE'S BEEN TRIED AND TESTED - HE'S HAD HIS CHANCE - HE'S JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Neville Kneville said:
Lavinda Past said:
Neville Kneville said:

Duuuuhhh...

You made the fucking comparison, not me. I know Zlatan is better than Guidetti, I also know that there is no suggestion from anywhere that Gudetti has a problem with ego, apart from some twat at Norwich allegedly telling you about it. Nowhere. He freely admits he has an ego, but BOTH clubs he has played for want to sign him, so why the fuck are you making out it's a problem ? Why are you mentioning Vieira ? Has Vieira said there is a problem ?

Which people at other clubs have looked at Gudetti and when ? And please describe when exactly he had his chance at City & who/when it was decided he wasn't good enough.

You are making shit up, about one of our academy kids & it's piss poor.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.samaritans.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.samaritans.com</a>

The 2 loan spells where he's played regularly, he's scored for fun.

Feyenoord and Celtic are good clubs too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.