Player Contracts

I think it is Diaz who has the answer to packed defences. He can beat two players inside a couple of yards, get in behind the front row of five and panic sets in the next row! At the moment we swing the ball across from one wing to another, often getting nowhere. Diaz will run at defenders, beat them, and cause all kinds of mayhem. This football managing thinggy is a bit of a lark, really!

Agree with that. It's why I think we'll also continue the pursuit of Mahrez. Players need to have a Plan B when the passing game isn't working, and crossing aimlessly (Huddersfield/Wigan) is not the answer. Three players who are blessed with incredible control and drive (Diaz, Mahrez, Bernardo) will add another dimension, albeit we'll have to wait for the wholesale introduction of VAR to harvest the fruits.

I think we’ll keep Delph beyond his current contract. He’s relatively cheap, can play well in multiple positions and isn’t a wanker that will cause problems at the club.

Silva imo will be offered another year and Vinny will stay at the club in a coaching capacity.

Sergio will leave, sadly. But he’ll leave a legend.

Bravo should go this summer, he’d still get a decent deal at another club.

Maffeo coming back is a tricky one. I think he’s got the ability to do well here, but that would mean Danilo needs to go. Unless Maffeo goes on loan again. If the latter happens, I hope it’s in the prem and not to Celtic (no offence). They play decent enough football but they’re never tested, apart from in the champions league.

If I’m wrong, which I often am, there won’t be a dry eye in the house if Dave, Vinny and Serg all go at the same time.

Most worrying one is Sterling with only two years left. He either needs to extend this summer or he will need to be sold.

You can't let these type of assets go on a free. He either signs or we need to sell to maximise returns.

Most worrying one is Sterling with only two years left. He either needs to extend this summer or he will need to be sold.
You can't let these type of assets go on a free. He either signs or we need to sell to maximise returns.

Pep has said a few times that we'll have to wait untill the end of the season to discuss players as some people may want to leave if they aren’t getting game time or other reasons....
I'm now starting to think Sterling may possibly be sold this summer.
He's never hid his ambition to play abroad. After the season he has had his stock is as high as its ever been. If he doesn’t agree a deal this summer it looks like he'll be off as we won’t wait till next summer. We'll want a decent fee. I hope he signs a new deal but if he has aspirations to play abroad fair play to him.

Gonna be interesting to see how that one plays out.

I doubt he is thinking about leaving on a free in two years, right now, but for many players, whether they want to be part of a post Pep City, is a decision they will have to make.

Him signing a new deal, may be the answer.

Sterling will go to Barca/Madrid or he will stay at City, everything else is a step down for him .... I hope he stays for years, he's developing into a world class player before our eyes ...! I can see him winning another 5 PL titles and a couple of CL titles with us... ;-)

We need to tie down Sane asap,and possibly Jesus,reason I say possibly on him is if he has a great World Cup,no doubt he will,his value will rocket,and cashing in may,just may be an option,as to be honest the jury is still out I think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.