Player gets sent off tackling a streaker

mrbelfry said:
Thread title says it all.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUtiCXQNJks[/youtube]

Surely that cant be a fair decision by the ref. I'm surprised nobody tried to tackle him sooner, although I suppose him being naked and all might have put some guys off.

them's the rules!

just the same as rugby tackling another player which would certainly get you a red card

if the players dont know all of the rules then it's their own fault

eshiers1 said:
them's the rules!

just the same as rugby tackling another player which would certainly get you a red card

So at what point is the streaker involved in the game!

Players cant fucking read these days let alone know all the rules

And above all its a wank decision that didnt need to be made by Mr You Will Respect My Authority!!!!!!!!!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
eshiers1 said:
them's the rules!

And above all its a wank decision that didnt need to be made by Mr You Will Respect My Authority!!!!!!!!!

he's involved with the game from the moment he enters the pitch!

He is also guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against
a team-mate, spectator, match offi cial or any other person.

just to quote the text from the law book, if the ref ignores one rule he might as well ignore others as well. it his/her job to apply the laws to the game, not to pick and choose which ones seems good at that particular time

eshiers1 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

He is also guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against
a team-mate, spectator, match offi cial or any other person.

just to quote the text from the law book, if the ref ignores one rule he might as well ignore others as well. it his/her job to apply the laws to the game, not to pick and choose which ones seems good at that particular time

Right okay then what a legend he must be in his own lunchtime

It may be the law but its wrong and everyone knows it is. I guess though if the player run up to him and smacked him though he would get a red card which makes it right

BoyBlue_1985 said:
eshiers1 said:

Right okay then what a legend he must be in his own lunchtime

It may be the law but its wrong and everyone knows it is. I guess though if the player run up to him and smacked him though he would get a red card which makes it right

i dont think the law is wrong at all, if a fan comes on the pitch why should a player be allowed to tackle/assault him?
leave it to the stewards/police to apprehend him who will be trained in how to handle it.

perhaps players at all levels need to be told about this law cos i doubt its common knowledge but i dont think you can blame the ref for simply aplying the laws!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.