Player gets sent off tackling a streaker

Freestyler said:
could of had a knive or anything.

if the guy brandished a knive in the refs face and went to stab him and the player tackled him down, would the referee send him off?

well done referee, you've got your spotlight and your famous 15 minutes.

It's the sort of thing clattenburg/walton would do for the attention.
He should be applauded for neutralising a weapon of mass distraction.

The ref was bullied at school, failed to get in the police force and will now be banning people at football grounds as a steward once he gets fired for being a total ****.

eshiers1 said:
them's the rules!

just the same as rugby tackling another player which would certainly get you a red card

if the players dont know all of the rules then it's their own fault

Yeh Im sure he read the rule about not tackling a streaker LOL !!!!

What an idiot that ref is.

citymad said:
eshiers1 said:
them's the rules!

just the same as rugby tackling another player which would certainly get you a red card

if the players dont know all of the rules then it's their own fault

he should know the rules!
thats the point i'm making, if you play the game, its your responsibility to know the rules.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:00 am --<br /><br />
hgblue said:
eshiers1 said:
i dont think the law is wrong at all, if a fan comes on the pitch why should a player be allowed to tackle/assault him?
leave it to the stewards/police to apprehend him who will be trained in how to handle it.

perhaps players at all levels need to be told about this law cos i doubt its common knowledge but i dont think you can blame the ref for simply aplying the laws!

Are you a traffic warden by any chance?

no, but i am a referee!

citykev28 said:
so the streaker comes on brandishing a knife, then a player decks him. should he be then sent off and only have himself to blame for not knowing the rules?
No, because it wouldn't be considered as 'excessive force'.

I agree that in this particular case it seems ridiculous, but the laws of the game are the laws of the game, and they are there for a reason.

Dubai Blue said:
citykev28 said:
so the streaker comes on brandishing a knife, then a player decks him. should he be then sent off and only have himself to blame for not knowing the rules?
No, because it wouldn't be considered as 'excessive force'.

I agree that in this particular case it seems ridiculous, but the laws of the game are the laws of the game, and they are there for a reason.

Yes but the laws can be interpreted in different ways and im sure even the refs union would see it as an unneccasary sending off, this ref i a complete nob jockey for doing what he did

eshiers1 said:
citymad said:

he should know the rules!
thats the point i'm making, if you play the game, its your responsibility to know the rules.

-- Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:00 am --

hgblue said:
Are you a traffic warden by any chance?

no, but i am a referee!

Figures.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.