Ilkay Gündoğan
Rúben Dias
John Stones
João Cancelo
Bruno Fernandes
Mohamed Salah
Son Heung-Min
Harry Kane

In terms of team of the year, I think the four City players mentioned above are pretty much nailed on. The likes of Bernardo, De Bruyne and Mahrez might get in there if they carry on their current form.

A lot depends on how the season ends but surely the only candidate for manager is Guardiola.
Taking off my blue tinted glasses: -

Penandes - just no, most of his goals are penalties and invisible in the big games.
Salah - Cheating twat and had nowhere near the impact of previous seasons.
Son - Great player but lack of winning anything won't help.
Kane - 1 off top goalscorer and top of assists. Really should move on if he wants to win things.

The problem will be that the City vote will be diluted across a number of players. If it's not a Blue I would have no complaints if Kane got it. I think he would have an absolute field day if he was in our team but would cost too much.

The problem will be that the City vote will be diluted across a number of players. If it's not a Blue I would have no complaints if Kane got it. I think he would have an absolute field day if he was in our team but would cost too much.
I wouldn't have any complaints if Kane won it either if it's not a City player. He's got 17 goals (1st) and 13 assists (1st) which is very impressive considering his injuries and the team he plays for.

We've got a few that should be in the running namely Dias and Gundogan but I don't think we've had a clear standout player like KDB in 17/18 for example.

The general consensus seems to be that these are the main contenders for POTY:

Ilkay Gündoğan
Rúben Dias
John Stones
João Cancelo
Bruno Fernandes
Mohamed Salah
Son Heung-Min
Harry Kane

In terms of team of the year, I think the four City players mentioned above are pretty much nailed on. The likes of Bernardo, De Bruyne and Mahrez might get in there if they carry on their current form.

A lot depends on how the season ends but surely the only candidate for manager is Guardiola.
Foden?

The general consensus seems to be that these are the main contenders for POTY:

Ilkay Gündoğan
Rúben Dias
John Stones
João Cancelo
Bruno Fernandes
Mohamed Salah
Son Heung-Min
Harry Kane

Grealish is ahead of like half of that list.

(In no particular order)
Bruno Fernandes
Harry Kane
Ilkay Gündogan
Rúben Dias
Jack Grealish

Anyone else would be a huge shock IMO.

Player or team?

If you mean the individual awards, I think he's more likely to be nominated for YPOTY.

Might get in the team of the year but I doubt it because most people only care about stats.

Player or team?

If you mean the individual awards, I think he's more likely to be nominated for YPOTY.

Might get in the team of the year but I doubt it because most people only care about stats.
I meant for player, but you’re probably right in that he’ll be more likely to win YPotY, though he’ll have some stiff competition for that too.

I meant for player, but you’re probably right in that he’ll be more likely to win YPotY, though he’ll have some stiff competition for that too.
Dias, Neto and Saka probably and I'm sure there's a few others I'm forgetting.

Foden will win it though IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.