Player Of the Year

Oasis_City said:
svennis pennis said:
I read somewhere that Bale has assisted only one goal in the league this season. I dont know how many he has scored but I just dont think he is as great as he is hyped up to be.

Player Team Assists
141 Gabriel Agbonlahor Aston Villa 1
142 Ali Al Habsi Wigan Athletic 1
143 Antolin Alcaraz Wigan Athletic 1
144 Chris Baird Fulham 1
145 Gareth Bale Tottenham 1

Player Team Top Scorers
21 Gareth Bale Tottenham 7

Nani 9 goals 15 assists
Tevez 18 goals 6 assists
Howard Webb 0 goals 22 assists

Edited for accuracy :)

rags player of the year for me !

Is this the player of the year award as voted by players or by public/press?

If players, I really don't see how Tevez can't win it. The guy is just a full on menace to pretty much everyone. And I'm sure other players can't appreciate Nani's little girl antics all the time. Not only that but he's been a menace everywhere. Last season, this season, at the world cup. He's just been consistently very good.

If Bale wins anything it would be an absolute travesty. Testament to how good he actually is when even now all the press can do is mention that Inter match. Yeah, everyone else has all but forgotten about it too. One of the most over rated players in the league this season IMO.

bluesmith said:
silvasilvasilva said:
if bale wins then poty is officially just media propaganda, there are about 30 attacking players with better stats and thats before you even get to the best defenders
Out of interest who are these 30 players with better stats?

well 7 pl goals isnt ripping up any trees and as a wide player three quarters of the way through the season, having one assist is pretty criminal. i like the lad and hes got shit loads of potential but he isnt the consistant beast the london media have made him out to be.
think it should be kompany or vidic personally but they dont really have a shot as defenders.

I think it will be

Player: Nani
Young Player: Wilshere

Kompany, Tevez, Vidic, Nasri, and possibly Silva should be in the team.

VDS/Hart

Ivanovic?
Vidic
Kompany
Baines

Silva/Bale
Nasri
VDV
Nani

Tevez
Berbatov

I can't believe im going to say this, but Nani has been the most consistent player in this season.

young player of the year will be Bale. The love fest is unbelievable, he might even win the player of the year.

I'd give POTY to Vidic personally, especially if United win the title because without him, I think they'd be 10-15 points worse off.

Although Nani, Tevez, Kompany, Nasri all had great seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.