Player Sales | MEN Article

It’s also possible to trigger the buy-back for Douglas Luiz and sell him on or relinquish the buy back clause to Villa for a fee. Probably a couple of million in it at least.

Luiz is a great player who’s developed well and seriously increased his value.
We could even buy him back for our own squad and sell an older more established player, thus lowering the squad age, bringing in a bigger fee and replacing a large wage with a lower one.
Not saying it’ll happen but it’s an option that I think will be considered . . . .
. . . though maybe dismissed quickly :-)
I wouldn't say great but he's good and has had two years experience in the league, so i think buying him back for approx. £25m to replace Fern in the squad, is a no brainer.

Not getting anywhere near those figures mentioned. Most of those will go for free this summer or next, the most saleable assets are the ones that already seemingly have set prices in place in Harrison and porro and then herrera and whatever we do with Luiz, there a player or money in it somewhere. £35-40 million tops in the none first team squad but I expect us to invest a lot of that in other players to sell on in future seasons, the model works well there's no reason not to continue it.

Unless someone decides they want out or Pep doesn't want them I don't see any major outgoings in the first team squad, Sergio leaves on a free and possibly dinho so no fee there. nobody is going to pay money for mendy with his knees so he either stays or its a loan, sterling could go but who's going to buy him? I suppose there's a slim chance laporte may want out, they'd be a queue of suitors and he would surely command at least maguire money.

Interesting, bit suprising to see Braaf on that list but it's fair suppose. Add to this the fact that well likely be saving around half a million a week on wages with aguero and Fernandinho likely both off, then all of a sudden a 5+ year contract with a big fee doesn't sound impossible. The thing to take away from this is that it isn't something all our competition can do. Sure, Liverpool can get odd money for Brewster, who then does bugger all, but what about next season? Every year we have a minimum 3-4 candidates verging on first team or a £5-15m transfer each.

We'll need to replace both,maybe an argument that DM is more pressing to be honest as we've shows we can play a false nine very well. Although our inability to convert chances is a concern on occasion and a true finisher would fill their boots here.

Could be Luiz comes back and then we inform Dortmund we'll go to £80m or wait until next summer to review. Haaland's wages will be a factor too, if he's expecting £350+ per week then he'd have to looked elsewhere.

But if he accept less but with bigger bonuses, plus arguably the best career chances to win things and actually be a better player, then city have to be his preferred choice.
Can not see us buying Luiz back when Yangel is playing just as well.

And that is true for Luiz as well,who started the season well then drifted,
Probably the only difference between the two is that one will cost us his buy back fee and the other is already ours.
It was mentioned in some other thread that Herrera may not meet the qualifying points for us. Not sure how true this is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.