Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

cleavers

Home or work, well mostly home these days.
gmckennasell said:
Dzeko was superb again tonight , chased and held the ball up well , some very unforgiving poster on here , they have a pre conception about a player and no matter how hard he tries to redemm himself , they still stick the knife in
Really ? OK.

MoM on Tuesday for me, back to below average today, other than hitting the post added nothing up front, and was jogging most of the game. Its a shame really if he'd put in 2 similar performances we'd be top tonight, and missed an admittedly quite difficult sitter from 3 yards.

Frustrating should be his middle name.

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

Damien10 said:
dctid said:
Damien10 said:
His overall play is always below average. I think Dezko has survived in his City carer for so long mainly because of great players behind him. His goal stats are misleading.

His goal stats are exactly what they are - very good most top strikers at most top clubs have great players behind them and regardless of how bad people think he is getting starts over Negrado so Pellers is definately seeing something we dont.

Point was our collective second half performance was poor and that was the issue and whilst blaming Edin might make people feel better it dont change that fact
But when you aim to play possession football it doesn't help to have 8/10 attacks broken down because of your striker. This is what happens when Dzeko is playing that role. Admittedly at times his finishing his great (like the 2nd against United) but other then that I see nothing in him and I never have done.

cleavers said:
gmckennasell said:
Dzeko was superb again tonight , chased and held the ball up well , some very unforgiving poster on here , they have a pre conception about a player and no matter how hard he tries to redemm himself , they still stick the knife in
Really ? OK.

MoM on Tuesday for me, back to below average today, other than hitting the post added nothing up front, and was jogging most of the game. Its a shame really if he'd put in 2 similar performances we'd be top tonight, and missed an admittedly quite difficult sitter from 3 yards.

Agreed thought he was poor tonight, other than the shot and one good pass he might as well not have been on the pitch for all the effort he put in.

cleavers said:
gmckennasell said:
Really ? OK.

Frustrating really

lost count of the times he held the ball up and played one touch to a colleague , won his fair share of aerial duels , in comparison negredo came on and did absolutely fcuk all , but i dont see anybody accusing the beast of being "below average" , Shame about his 3 yard sitter , now remind me , when was the last time negredo even got into a goal scoring position , (about last December) , Perhaps if negredo had put in any type of performance over the last 3 months , we would be top now , but Dzeko is a far easier target , than the crowd favourite

Back to his usual self tonight, as was Yaya back to his usual away from home performances.

gmckennasell said:
cleavers said:
gmckennasell said:
Really ? OK.

Frustrating really

lost count of the times he held the ball up and played one touch to a colleague , won his fair share of aerial duels , in comparison negredo came on and did absolutely fcuk all , but i dont see anybody accusing the beast of being "below average" , Shame about his 3 yard sitter , now remind me , when was the last time negredo even got into a goal scoring position , (about last December) , Perhaps if negredo had put in any type of performance over the last 3 months , we would be top now , but Dzeko is a far easier target , than the crowd favourite
What are you on about? Negredo was only on the pitch for 8 minutes.

Wasn't given much to work on in the penalty box but when he had a shot, it led to the silva goal. IMO still contributed more than Nasri, how anyone can feel nasri can get a 7 while Dzeko a 5 is beyond me lol.

Should still be our main forward until aguero returns to full health. For someone so bitterly abused here, he doesn't get injured half as much as our other forwards

pudge said:
gmckennasell said:
cleavers said:
Really ? OK.

Frustrating really

What are you on about? Negredo was only on the pitch for 8 minutes.

over 12 minutes with injury time , which is 15% of an average game , the usual idea of bringing a sub on , is to make some sort of effect on the football match , negredo has had a superb 5 months , but he should get the same amount of criticism dzeko recieves on here , when hes not playing well.

jared said:
Wasn't given much to work on in the penalty box but when he had a shot, it led to the silva goal. IMO still contributed more than Nasri, not how anyone can feel nasri can get a 7 while Dzeko a 5 lol. Should still be our main forward until aguero returns to full health. For someone so bitterly hated on here he doesn't get injured half as much as our other forwards

I thought Dzeko was ok tonight. Nasri was average.

As everyone says puss poor again tonight after a great performance at United. Second half the ball was coming back constantly when it was crying out for him to just control the ball and release the pressure on the defence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.