Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

I wouldn't put Nasri ahead of him in a "players of the season" discussion; his performance levels vary far too extremely imo and Jimmy's bread and butter is consistency.

I've always maintained a belief he would sign a new deal and I still hope he does. Both with regards to the homegrown quota and his overall contribution he's a great squad player and he's got all he wants and needs right here.

mansour's tow ropes said:
bluechampion7891 said:
much rather he moves on to make room for youngsters but I would probably be in the minority here

You are aware he'd be leaving on a free?

yep. frees a lot of wages

I cant see him signing a contract and then us selling him immediately. if possible then that would be the preference

bluechampion7891 said:
much rather he moves on to make room for youngsters but I would probably be in the minority here

What youngsters? None of our youth players in his position are anywhere near as good as him yet.

RandomJ said:
bluechampion7891 said:

What youngsters? None of our youth players in his position are anywhere near as good as him yet.

Lopes.

Milner isnt going to improve but Lopes will. And Lopes' ceiling is much higher

Much rather have him having game time instead of Milner.

The club and manager have both stated publicly that they want him to stay. and its surely naïve to think he hasn't been offered a fantastic contract However his demand is more on game time than cash imho and it is interesting that Mancini and Pellers never had him down as a first pick, He is definitely a player that will give you 100 percent of that we are aware but he is 29 his energy and commitment will wane and the sticking point might be the length of his contract He is a good player but imho not a great one Along with the two managers mentioned he is no longer first choice for Hodgson either his performances this season have shown to be more productive against those who have been dire whatever he does he is a great pro and I wish him well

As a player I love him just like I did Bellamy but Im ready for him to go now and he does deserve to play every week somewhere, for me I'd replace him in the squad with Rony lopes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.