Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Bewar3them00n said:
It's the only way he's going to be able to leave us, on a free, by running down his contract, if he signed an extension, would anyone want him for a fee?
Remember, he's being payed for his football, he's not an investment to recoup at a later date, if he wants one last big move/payday, then fine, he's given 100% while here.
We'd have easily been able to get 15 million+ for him. Playing at the highest level for a few years, homegrown England international, no problems with injuries, fit as a fiddle and most importantly a good footballer. There would have been plenty of clubs willing to pay.

blueinsa said:
I keep hearing he owes us nothing and whilst that may be right on a technicality, he has shit all over the club in reality.

He wants to move, fine but sign the contract and guarantee us a fee of which im sure he could have negotiated a cut from.

He is gone without a doubt but he has been a twat about it imo.

That makes no sense for him though does it?

If he goes to Liverpool (for example), he'll be able to command a larger signing on fee and higher salary precisely because Liverpool wouldn't have to pay a 15M+ transfer fee for him.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
blueinsa said:
I keep hearing he owes us nothing and whilst that may be right on a technicality, he has shit all over the club in reality.

He wants to move, fine but sign the contract and guarantee us a fee of which im sure he could have negotiated a cut from.

If he goes to Liverpool (for example), he'll be able to command a larger signing on fee and higher salary precisely because Liverpool wouldn't have to pay a 15M+ transfer fee for him.

Been here before but plenty of players sign contracts before moving on because they feel some sense of loyalty to the club which they are leaving. Clearly Milner feels no loyalty towards City which is surprising considering it's the only place he's ever going to have won any medals during his career. He's a fans favourite too.

Mister Appointment said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
blueinsa said:

Been here before but plenty of players sign contracts before moving on because they feel some sense of loyalty to the club which they are leaving. Clearly Milner feels no loyalty towards City which is surprising considering it's the only place he's ever going to have won any medals during his career. He's a fans favourite too.

He could easily have signed a contract with a fairly low release clause if he wasn't playing, the only reason not to would be to increase his own signing on fee, fair enough, but at least be honest about it, and stop making up reasons not to sign.

Mister Appointment said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
blueinsa said:

I assume those players are paid a rather large lump sum in order to sign a new contract.. Perhaps we haven't offered Milner the right amount he wants to sign on. He may also be aware that there may be few takers for him if we put a significant transfer price on him and he could end up stuck at the club without getting many games.

I doubt he'll stay now and to be honest I'm not too bothered. He's a useful player to have but hopefully he will free up some salary room for a better player.

The gamble for the player, of course, is that he won't pick up a bad injury before the end of the season. A cruciate injury during this limbo period could end his career and income. Obviously, no one wants that to happen but it is a risk and I'd guess not signing is a decision he hasn't taken lightly.

I think he has been the right player at the right time and it's best for all that he moves on now with our thanks and best wishes.

sorry if already posted: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2015/03/14/9809962/pellegrini-man-city-contract-talks-with-milner-have-stalled?ICID=HP_BN_5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... ID=HP_BN_5</a>

Pellegrini: Man City contract talks with Milner have stalled

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has revealed that contract talks between the Premier League champions and James Milner have not progressed.

Milner is out of contract at the end of the 2014-15 Premier League campaign but the 29-year-old is no closer to extending his contract with City.

The England international's reluctance to recommit to the club has alerted rivals Liverpool, with the Reds in pole position to sign him should he leave the Etihad Stadium.

Arsenal and Roma have also been linked with the former Newcastle man, but Pellegrini is not giving up hope of retaining Milner's services.

"I don't have any news about James Milner," he said.
"To decide to sign a contract you need both parties to agree it. We will see what happens from now until the end of the season.

"Maybe City have already offered all that the club can offer, maybe it's not about more money, maybe there are different things to sign a new contract.

"You must ask James what is happening with him. I hope he will find an arrangement, and I think it's possible."

Milner has scored 16 goals in 186 appearances since joining City from Aston Villa in 2010.

bluechampion7891 said:
sorry if already posted: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2015/03/14/9809962/pellegrini-man-city-contract-talks-with-milner-have-stalled?ICID=HP_BN_5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... ID=HP_BN_5</a>

Pellegrini: Man City contract talks with Milner have stalled

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has revealed that contract talks between the Premier League champions and James Milner have not progressed.

Milner is out of contract at the end of the 2014-15 Premier League campaign but the 29-year-old is no closer to extending his contract with City.

The England international's reluctance to recommit to the club has alerted rivals Liverpool, with the Reds in pole position to sign him should he leave the Etihad Stadium.

Arsenal and Roma have also been linked with the former Newcastle man, but Pellegrini is not giving up hope of retaining Milner's services.

"I don't have any news about James Milner," he said.
"To decide to sign a contract you need both parties to agree it. We will see what happens from now until the end of the season.

"Maybe City have already offered all that the club can offer, maybe it's not about more money, maybe there are different things to sign a new contract.

"You must ask James what is happening with him. I hope he will find an arrangement, and I think it's possible."

Milner has scored 16 goals in 186 appearances since joining City from Aston Villa in 2010.

Thats a shocker. Still find it surprising that we let this situation develop. Thought we planned better than that.

One last big pay day! Am I hearing that right? He's hardly on minimum wage. I'm sick of hearing 'one last big pay day' when talking about footballers. Fuck me, financially they can retire at 35, after a 17 year career, where they've probably had a 15 hour working week. Cunts......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.