Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

BobKowalski said:
bluechampion7891 said:
sorry if already posted: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2015/03/14/9809962/pellegrini-man-city-contract-talks-with-milner-have-stalled?ICID=HP_BN_5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... ID=HP_BN_5</a>

Pellegrini: Man City contract talks with Milner have stalled

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has revealed that contract talks between the Premier League champions and James Milner have not progressed.

Milner is out of contract at the end of the 2014-15 Premier League campaign but the 29-year-old is no closer to extending his contract with City.

The England international's reluctance to recommit to the club has alerted rivals Liverpool, with the Reds in pole position to sign him should he leave the Etihad Stadium.

Arsenal and Roma have also been linked with the former Newcastle man, but Pellegrini is not giving up hope of retaining Milner's services.

"I don't have any news about James Milner," he said.
"To decide to sign a contract you need both parties to agree it. We will see what happens from now until the end of the season.

"Maybe City have already offered all that the club can offer, maybe it's not about more money, maybe there are different things to sign a new contract.

"You must ask James what is happening with him. I hope he will find an arrangement, and I think it's possible."

Milner has scored 16 goals in 186 appearances since joining City from Aston Villa in 2010.

Thats a shocker. Still find it surprising that we let this situation develop. Thought we planned better than that.

What you suggest, perhaps take his mother hostage

gordondaviesmoustache said:
malg said:
One last big pay day! Am I hearing that right? He's hardly on minimum wage. I'm sick of hearing 'one last big pay day' when talking about footballers. Fuck me, financially they can retire at 35, after a 17 year career, where they've probably had a 15 hour working week. Cunts......
You can't change human nature, mate.
I know, I know.....it just pisses me off.

malg said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
malg said:
One last big pay day! Am I hearing that right? He's hardly on minimum wage. I'm sick of hearing 'one last big pay day' when talking about footballers. Fuck me, financially they can retire at 35, after a 17 year career, where they've probably had a 15 hour working week. Cunts......
You can't change human nature, mate.
I know, I know.....it just pisses me off.
Correct,get him dropped now unless he signs,we wouldn't take it off anyone else !

grim up north said:
BobKowalski said:
bluechampion7891 said:
sorry if already posted: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2015/03/14/9809962/pellegrini-man-city-contract-talks-with-milner-have-stalled?ICID=HP_BN_5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... ID=HP_BN_5</a>

Thats a shocker. Still find it surprising that we let this situation develop. Thought we planned better than that.

Well I would have hoped that there would be something between letting his contract run down and taking his dear old mum hostage. Given Wenger used to get roasted for letting it happen I don't see why we can't ask questions as to why we find ourselves in the same boat with Milner.

BobKowalski said:
grim up north said:
BobKowalski said:

Well I would have hoped that there would be something between letting his contract run down and taking his dear old mum hostage. Given Wenger used to get roasted for letting it happen I don't see why we can't ask questions as to why we find ourselves in the same boat with Milner.

Think Milner is holding all the aces. He also has previous for this behaviour

grim up north said:
BobKowalski said:
grim up north said:

Honouring his contracts ? ;.)

grim up north said:
BobKowalski said:
grim up north said:

And our top negotiators missed this fact? Nice one chaps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.