Player Thread: Patrick Roberts

Damocles

Administrator
Have spent the day digging up footage of this lad. Despite his Youtubeness he seems to need a lot of work, one of those twitchy players that throws people off but doesn't seem to have much of a brain or composure. He is very 18 if that makes sense.

Also, somebody needs to immediately teach him that turn that the Spanish players perfected because he's so front facing and so direct that he plays like there's a poker up his arse. As a right sided midfielder but left footed it will give him much more time to think and keep possession.

I think those thinking he's in our first team next year or the year after might need to temper expectations a bit as his all round game isn't very developed.

This is a more realistic showcase than the dizzy runs on Youtube set to trance music against kids, as far as where he is as a standard

The talent is there but he's still a rough diamond rather than Messi elect. Needs to work with our coaches, especially on his passing which is Joveticey at times

As the substantial future payments allude to,he's very much been purchased because of his raw talent and potential,both physically and technically he has much to develop,hence his immediate EDS inclusion.

So despite the media 'belief' that we are ruining yet another.....he couldnt be at a better place to learn his trade imo,and I am very happy he is.

This is a more realistic showcase than the dizzy runs on Youtube set to trance music against kids, as far as where he is as a standard

The talent is there but he's still a rough diamond rather than Messi elect. Needs to work with our coaches, especially on his passing which is Joveticey at times

Yeah, you can see the promising signs in that video but he's still got a long way to go.

It's more in his decision making which should come with both coaching and experience.

So despite the media 'belief' that we are ruining yet another.....he couldnt be at a better place to learn his trade imo,and I am very happy he is.

Agreed. He seems to need to work on his technique and there isn't a better club in the country to do this at as a young player. And with our Performance Analysis mentors his decision making could come on leaps and bounds.

And apparently I was referring to "La Pelopina" in regards to that Spanish turn

Agreed. He seems to need to work on his technique and there isn't a better club in the country to do this at as a young player. And with our Performance Analysis mentors his decision making could come on leaps and bounds.

How awesome is Silva at this, often crowded out but does his turn and opens up space for himself, I could easily see Roberts pick this up with his natural ability, it's just the way football is coached here is subpar to that of Spain but with the new academy set up, hopefully they'll be able to coach this into him.

It's also understandable as to why Silva has dodgy ankles, constantly has them twisting and turning

That made me dizzy watching that ;-))

It's also understandable as to why Silva has dodgy ankles, constantly has them twisting and turning

It is very much a Spanish trained thing. Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and many others who came through their youth system use it as a crucial part of their possessional game. I mentioned it because it would slow him down a little and as a left footed player playing on the right then it would come more naturally to him then others, allowing him to turn onto the wing rather than towards goal and find our full backs overlapping whereas inside he'd still have to find that killer ball that I'm not sure he has right now.

Still, an exciting prospect in raw talent alone and if he turns into a first team player then it will be a credit to the work done at the CFA for which we will never get credit for in a million years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.