Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nasri return

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
norfstander said:
It absolutely baffles me that some Blues still don't rate the lad. He's a special player, and not only that he's one of our hardest workers. If you look over our very best spells of form over recent seasons they almost all coincide with Samir playing at his best. Players earn their stripes through form and have to be selected on that. For me, Nasri's very close to joining a select group of players here who must always play if fit. The others being Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Zabaleta, Toure and Hart. Milner isn't far off that either. Our strongest XI now has to include both of them.

Spot on, every word.

Agree as well. Always liked Nasri since he joined and he's really shining now. One of the top attacking midfielders in Europe as far as I'm concerned. I think our current lineups also show how Pellegrini is starting to use the best ability of each player in our games. We're already very good but I think with Kun on board along with this midfield and defense we have a good chance of challenging Europe's 'best' this year.

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
norfstander said:
It absolutely baffles me that some Blues still don't rate the lad. He's a special player, and not only that he's one of our hardest workers. If you look over our very best spells of form over recent seasons they almost all coincide with Samir playing at his best. Players earn their stripes through form and have to be selected on that. For me, Nasri's very close to joining a select group of players here who must always play if fit. The others being Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Zabaleta, Toure and Hart. Milner isn't far off that either. Our strongest XI now has to include both of them.

Spot on, every word.

I've had my doubts about him at times (slowing play down too much, lots of going around in circles and not enough end product, etc), but when he's fit, focussed and on song, there's no denying his value. I hate the phrase 'confidence player', because it implies mental weakness, but that seems to be very much what Samir is. He was spineless and dire toward the end of the Mancini era - mishandled maybe, who knows? - but under Pellegrini he's definitely moved up a gear.

I think his best spells at City have both been kick started by Silva being out of the team, and whereas that run of form was brought to an end by that donkey up at Newcastle last season, hopefully this year it will run and run and run.
As well as being the league's stand out player at retaining possession, he's also quite difficult to knock off the ball (like Gaz Baz he uses his arse to good effect, fnrr, fnrr), and he is consistently one of our highest performers in terms of miles covered. Over the last 6 weeks or so, he's been our standout player IMO, and ultimately when you look back at his City career, you'll realise it's filled with some truly stellar moments.....Chelsea, Sunderland, West Ham, Roma, etc

Brilliant again. Just like most of last season.

I thought he was brilliant again yesterday. His recent form since he came back to full fitness, has been superb. There can't be many better players in the PL this season.

I've been a huge fan of Nasri since we signed him. I think he's a wonderful player. Hugely under-rated player.

I believe with a slight change of shape he's the man to fill the Ya Ya void when he leaves.

Samir can dictate a game as well as anyone. See ROMA for this. Granted not the power of Ya Ya, but has an eye for a pass and ball retention ability of the big man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.