Player Topic: David Silva (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club should have a David Silva day. Cheap Mahou, sangria and paella in the ground. Bit of bullfighting in City Square before the match

Sorry to bang on again, but surely it is time for him to inherit the 'king Colin' song. I'll never forget how it was sung constantly on Colin's comeback against Newcastle - the Spanish magician deserves a song worthy of his standing. One minute of 'Ole' does not do the wee fella justice. Even I, sat in the Colin Bell stand, might unfold my arms and join in with the song to David the King ;-)

I agree...it would be great to sing the ''KING'' song for David....it would be a fitting tribute to our little magician.

Colins not a patch on Dave, and i watched him every game he played at Maine Road since he signed from Bury,
till that bastard Buchan flew at him and smashed his knee and ended his career.
I also watched Colin home and away in that period and my hatred of the rags went up 1000% when that tackle went in - for me he is still the King, but of his era;
the modern day King is definitely David.

Like to see him shoot a bit
With KDB scoring and if Silva could get a few it may help.
Only scored 6 last match

Best player at City since Bell, but how do you compare the 2? Bell was the ultimate machine with the technique years in advance of others on the park at the time.
Silva has more technical ability than another player of the modern age (and bell) but not the engine, he's not box to box like Bell was.

Silva is a ghost where as Bell breezed through the pitch like Moses through water

Best player at City since Bell, but how do you compare the 2? Bell was the ultimate machine with the technique years in advance of others on the park at the time.
Silva has more technical ability than another player of the modern age (and bell) but not the engine, he's not box to box like Bell was.

Silva is a ghost where as Bell breezed through the pitch like Moses through water

The King tracked back ;-)

Not seen the game yet, but Silva is one of the best in the world in his position & the best in the Prem in that role. Which is an attacking mid who creates & occasionally scores & produces moments of sheer magic.

Colin Bell was DeBruyne with the ball at his feet, Fernandinho, Milner, Delph rolled into one without the ball in centre mid & Vincent Kompany in his own penalty area. If Bell was now at City he would be the best header of the ball at the club & the best tackler. As well as being capable of 20 goals a season on mudheap shit pitches, with people kicking fucking lumps out of him.

There is absolutely no comparison. Silva is a great creator. Bell was a great everything.

DeBruyne is the nearest I've seen to Bell, with the ball. He may end up with more goals & assists than Silva. Imagine if he was then brilliant at everything else.

If Bell played in this team, we would win the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.