Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i saw him snap into a few challenges and generally be present all over the midfield. two superbly timed runs into the box gave him two chances - one high and wide and one he should have buried low in the corner - and he released sterling down the left for nacho's goal.

i also agree that he is tidy with the ball at feet but perhaps not up to speed in terms of using it well (then again we didnt buy him to be another Ya Ya!). I think this will improve over the season as he plays & trains more.

i think we got a bargain here.

I fully agree on both your last two sentences.

Fabian has had to bide his time while recovering from his injuries, but he now seems to be coming into his own. He gives the team high energy in midfield and appears to compliment Dinho well.

He's still building his fitness levels and I'm sure he will improve a lot as he gets more time on the pitch. At 26, Fab is now coming into his prime and at £8 million, he will hopefully prove to be a snip.

I fully agree on both your last two sentences.

Fabian has had to bide his time while recovering from his injuries, but he now seems to be coming into his own. He gives the team high energy in midfield and appears to compliment Dinho well.

He's still building his fitness levels and I'm sure he will improve a lot as he gets more time on the pitch. At 26, Fab is now coming into his prime and at £8 million, he will hopefully prove to be a snip.
Not just his fee but I imagine his wages are reasonable too

I agree with this. I agree he's already looking promising but sometimes he tries abit too hard to impress sometimes by playing risky passes that never find the destinationor plays them without looking up. Think he's strong, holds up play well and wins the ball back well. Looks like he can offer us some stabilty in central midfield
I actually totally disagree with it. One of the things that has impressed me most about Delph is that he's come in and been willing to take the initiative straight away, despite the quality and reputations of the players around him. He doesn't look intimidated at all, i hope he carries on trying to have such a positive influence rather than start trying to just play safe and defer to the others in the team.

12346485_913778412033661_8243529611662337417_n.jpg

I would like to see Delph and Fernandinho as a central midfield partnership more often, especially in the big games.

I just think the back four would love their energy in front of them and the attacking players knowing they have two workhorses behind them sweeping up if they lose the ball.

Yaya for me has to play in a midfield three in the big games and Fernandinho and Delph is our best duo to play with him I reckon.

What happened between him and Arnautovic at the end?
Arnautovic was being a dick trying to stop Navas taking a quick throw and Delph was just standing up for a teammate. He appeared to say a few choice words to the pompous arse who then wanted to carry it on. You'd think he'd be happy with the win but he is one class prick. Bit of handbags to be honest but Delph did well sticking up for his mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.