Player Topic: Georgi Kinkladze (1995-98)

ancoats

Got me thinking the other night with messi in that barca team and giving us a right runaround he was magic but what would we give to have Georgi Kinkladze in his pomp playing for this Manchester city the other night

if we signed a player with magic feet like Georgi Kinkladze today it would be £100million starting price
he was that good and should have been a great and won many titles but in the end he did not had much to show for such a great player

Re: ExPlayer Topic Georgi Kinkladze

I like the idea of Ex-Player Topics though maybe the History forum is a better use for them?

It's hard really to say this because of causality and stuff but imagine what Kinkladze would be like if he joined our Academy at 14. With the proper training from a young age he really could have been right up there in terms of great players.

He was similar to Messi in style just not in substance. Although I think with the right manager and a better team around him he could have achieved a lot more in the game.

would be behind silva in the pecking order but ahead of nasri

benarbia on the other hand would be a starter every week

robbieh said:
He was similar to Messi in style just not in substance. Although I think with the right manager and a better team around him he could have achieved a lot more in the game.
True...He was a great player,but when we were shit.....

No doubt about it Messi is the new Kinkladze. Same balance, close control, ability to beat a man with complete ease. Kinkladze arguably may not be the greatest player to play for City but without doubt the most entertaining to watch.

In my lifetime the most enjoyable players I have ever watched or Maradona, Messi and Kinkladze. The bits of skill I witnessed at Maine Road I still think about to this day. Players like him or the reason you fall in love with football in the first place.

franksinatra said:
No doubt about it Messi is the new Kinkladze. Same balance, close control, ability to beat a man with complete ease. Kinkladze arguably may not be the greatest player to play for City but without doubt the most entertaining to watch.

In my lifetime the most enjoyable players I have ever watched or Maradona, Messi and Kinkladze. The bits of skill I witnessed at Maine Road I still think about to this day. Players like him or the reason you fall in love with football in the first place.
you would seriously put him in the same league as Maradona&Messi?

Proelia said:

Proelia I am with you it makes you fucking wonder what planet some people are on. A player that played one year in the Premiership in a dog shit team and then 2 years in the Championship with again a dog shit team. Was a legend to all us City fans as he was the only decent player we had. But why oh why do people think he would have been one of the all time greats in the league of Messi. He went to Ajax and was totally shit except for his first game.

To sum it up Kinkladze world class in the Championship and that was his level. Never cut it at Ajax at a higher level and Derby when they were in the prem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.