Player Topic: Georgi Kinkladze (1995-98)

Jack74 said:
Kun Aguero said:
ancoats said:
Got me thinking the other night with messi in that barca team and giving us a right runaround he was magic but what would we give to have Georgi Kinkladze in his pomp playing for this Manchester city the other night

if we signed a player with magic feet like Georgi Kinkladze today it would be £100million starting price
he was that good and should have been a great and won many titles but in the end he did not had much to show for such a great player

That good he got us fucking relegated. A fucking liability that made fucking Dzeko look like a fucking Duracell bunny.

Hope you feel better in the morning lay off the Stella nite xx

Btw Silva is dog shit to Gio , and I mean dog shit

He got us relegated , I thought it was the crossed eyed keeper , or the free transfer from Exeter who played left back who was right footed , remember the Scott Hiley but 2 fair Michael Fronteck was the left back we had since Pardoe , add a little more did any of u lot think Clough was a midfield general

Keep wanking your cock about Silva all u want , I love it makes me proper laugh

Jack74 said:
Jack74 said:
Kun Aguero said:
That good he got us fucking relegated. A fucking liability that made fucking Dzeko look like a fucking Duracell bunny.

He got us relegated , I thought it was the crossed eyed keeper , or the free transfer from Exeter who played left back who was right footed , remember the Scott Hiley but 2 fair Michael Fronteck was the left back we had since Pardoe , add a little more did any of u lot think Clough was a midfield general

if Silva was allowed to leave tomorrow...where do you think he would go?i can guarantee you it wouldn't be the fuckin Dutch league which was as wank in them days as it is now,he didn't hack it there,a piss poor league&he couldn't get a game,i can remember the 'great' Ian Bogie having him in his pocket at Port Vale on yet another day when he just didn't fancy it...a luxury we certainly couldn't afford...neither could Derby County(pmsl) in the end

LadislavMplmx said:
Jack74 said:
Jack74 said:

if Silva was allowed to leave tomorrow...where do you think he would go?i can guarantee you it wouldn't be the fuckin Dutch league which was as wank in them days as it is now,he didn't hack it there,a piss poor league&he couldn't get a game,i can remember the 'great' Ian Bogie having him in his pocket at Port Vale on yet another day when he just didn't fancy it...a luxury we certainly couldn't afford...neither could Derby County(pmsl) in the end

Fair point but it wasn't Iain Bogie btw

With Kinkladze we were relegated twice!
Fantastic player at the time..... the Southampton goal will live with me forever..... there is a 5 minute youtube clip somewhere showing all his greatness..... but nothing showing the games he was missing in.
Will love him always, but then you read Lakey's comments on him in his book....

Jack74 said:
Kun Aguero said:
ancoats said:
Got me thinking the other night with messi in that barca team and giving us a right runaround he was magic but what would we give to have Georgi Kinkladze in his pomp playing for this Manchester city the other night

if we signed a player with magic feet like Georgi Kinkladze today it would be £100million starting price
he was that good and should have been a great and won many titles but in the end he did not had much to show for such a great player

One has won trophies with arguably the best ever international team, was coveted by Real Madrid, plays for the English champions regularly and pundits claim he is one of the best in the league, if not the world.

The other wasn't good enough to keep a team up when the Premiership wasn't as competitive as it is now.

If Kinkladze had been the real deal a big club would have snapped him up before City got him or soon after.

He was good on his day, very good. But he rarely performed at his best.

Kinkladze was a brilliant dribbler, great at keeping his body between opponents and the ball, and scored some fine goals. However, he was not the team player Silva is,although I can't blame him for not passing to the likes of Creaney and Nicky Summerbee.

As someone has said, why was he not coveted by a top team? he certainly did his Lord Lucan thing when the going got tough.

I never saw him orchestrate the play like Silva does. I'm not knocking Gio, but he was with us perhaps at the wrong time.

5lb7ef.jpg

Very Hard to compare Silva V Kinkladze due to the fact that one plays alongside world class elite players who know how to move into space and can trap a ball amongst other footballing assets whereas the other didn't!!

In my view

Passing - Even
Touch/control - Even
Goalscoring - Even
Effectiveness when opponents have the ball - Silva wins
Dribbling - Kinkladze wins

To say "Kinkladze got us relegated twice" though is utter tripe

geoff hammond said:
Very Hard to compare Silva V Kinkladze due to the fact that one plays alongside world class elite players who know how to move into space and can trap a ball amongst other footballing assets whereas the other didn't!!

In my view

Passing - Even
Touch/control - Even
Goalscoring - Even
Effectiveness when opponents have the ball - Silva wins
Dribbling - Kinkladze wins

To say "Kinkladze got us relegated twice" though is utter tripe
To say "Kinkladze",means I was here when we were shit,in bitter days,but we are THE CITIZENS,OK?.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.