Player topic: Joe Hart (2014/15)

Would definitely keep him. He isn't "world class" level, but he's towards the top end of the next level down from this. He has his faults but look how many points he's gained us over the years. Far outweigh anything he's cost us.

And for those that don't want him, of the keepers who are better than him, which of them would be interested in joining us? Neuer, De Gea, Courtois? No.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
We'll never dine at the top table with Hart in net, that's the sad part of it all.

If he was a foreign keeper he'd have been fucked off two seasons ago.

Assuming by this you mean the Champions League, I can't agree. Some of his best displays for us have come in the Champions League, e.g. Dortmund and Barca.

Whitefield Blue said:
Just seen Courtois pat down a free kick to the penalty spot where Mertesacker blazed it wide. Eerily identical to Villa's second goal yesterday.

Just checking if the pathetic Hart haters took note? No? Really? Unsurprising.

Thought exactly the same myself.

As for his character, no doubt about his passion. Love how he tries to get the fans going, particularly at away games.

Also not afraid to show his feelings and emotions on the pitch (several examples of this) as well as his ability to tell it like it is (recent interview saying the players have left Pellegrini down). If only more of our players were like him.

Whitefield Blue said:
Just seen Courtois pat down a free kick to the penalty spot where Mertesacker blazed it wide. Eerily identical to Villa's second goal yesterday.

Haters going to hate.

Our defending against set pieces has been poor all season. For yesterdays two goals, the balls were cleared to the edge of the box - yet no City players were there to challenge.
Hart's fault apparently.

His distribution isn't great - but we all know that. Then again our team is so good at finding space.

Haters going to hate.

This thread gets ridiculous at times.

Was JH responsible for both Villa goals? Little doubt about the first. Came, got nowhere near it. Didn't get back on his line and was punished.

Second. You could make a case either way. He came, got only a slight hand on it, put it back into the mixer and because no-one else was there to clear Sanchez had a easy(ish) finish. However, Fernando who was in front of him was nowhere near getting to it, and he was wedged between two other players. To be honest did well to get a hand on hand on it. The much, much bigger problem for that goal was that Sanchez was completely unmarked twelve yards out. That isn't really JH's fault and if somebody was picking him up there would have been no goal and the punch would have been seen as a good effort to get the ball clear.

Criticism about him bringing down Beneteke is nuts. Did everything right and at that point you need luck to be on your side, which fortunately it was.

The biggest problem about this thread is that everybody who is banging on about getting rid has presented no viable alternative to JH. Like seriously, this isn't football manager. The team balance and transfer policy is a very delicate and sensitive. It's not being able to see the wood for the trees. We can't exist in a world were we hound out a good English keeper without having another who is at least equal in terms of ability. Ideally, given our invest elsewhere it is likely that the GK position will need a homegrown player. You can't just claim he should go without backing up your points with some responsibility about who might replace him? That's like me saying I'm going to sell my car because there are better ones out there. That doesn't mean I am anywhere near a position in which I could buy one!

Neuer - Maybe better but he isn't coming and is fallible himself [as shown by some YouTube videos earlier]. Was rubbish v us in the CL earlier this season.

Willy - Pellegrini showed last season he'd pick the keeper on best form. If Willy was better than Joe he'd be playing.

Casillas - Great servant for club and country. Would be like a chocolate teapot at stoke away. Would be a big weak link for us.

Valdes - At united anyway. More of a CB than a goalkeeper. Loves a mistake.

Courtois - Isn't coming. Remember six years ago JH was at Birmingham at was so good he was also nominated into the PFA team of the year. Frankly no-one has any idea just how go he may or may not be in the coming years. Do you think if Mourinho knew he was the mustard he would have kept Cech last summer instead of cashing in for what would have been probably a good amount of cash?

De Gea - See above. He's had a great season, no doubt. Is he better than Joe was at 24?

Begovic - No top team has ever taken a punt, neither here or abroad. Prone to the odd mistake too (see this weekend v Sunderland for just one example).

Buffon - Probably one of, if not the best, I've ever seen. More chance of Me signing for United than Buffon ending up at City.

Forster - No better or worse than Joe.

Blood some youth (somebody said earlier) - Gunn and Lawlor both have futures in the game, maybe even one at City as a third backup (a bit like Ben Amost at United). Would I be comfortable with MP chucking them straight into the prem when we're fighting for top 4? No way. Stability is key.

The problem with listing many others from Europe is we have no idea whether they will be up to the rigours or pace of the prem. We've seen many a good keeper from abroad have an absolute stinker in the prem. Any deal for us would probably cost a lot too.

If I had to get rid of Joe (and I by no means would I want to) these are the only two I feel are suitable;

Lloris - Fulfils sweeper role, seems like a great shot stopper, Spurs defence seems very shaky without his authority. Very surprised he hasn't been snapped up by a Top team, which makes me question why?

Cech - at 32 he still easily has some of the best years ahead of him. Knows the Prem inside out and just experienced CL keeper. If we could get him for 4 years we may even be getting his best years. Mourinho more likely to sell us his wife than a keeper who might help us win the league.

BlueAnorak said:
Whitefield Blue said:

Haters going to hate.

Our defending against set pieces has been poor all season. For yesterdays two goals, the balls were cleared to the edge of the box - yet no City players were there to challenge.
Hart's fault apparently.

His distribution isn't great - but we all know that. Then again our team is so good at finding space.

Haters going to hate.

Exactly. Our defence has been shocking all season at set pieces but you do get the impression people are quick to jump on Hart's mistakes.

In terms of distribution Hart doesn't usually have many problems with the short option. He can play the simple pass. Yeah he ain't no Franz Beckenbauer but he ain't no Brad Guzan either. However when you're looking to go long and you've got Aguero, Silva and Navas as your only options to aim at you're fighting a losing battle no matter how good you can kick a ball.

His flapping at set pieces is definitely more worrying but I liked the fact that he still backed himself a third time late on in the game on Saturday to make a good punch to clear the ball. You could see that he made extra effort to punch it further than the first two which led to their goals which was probably because none of our players seemed to be capable of winning a second ball.

Great performance. Some key saves and his distribution was great even started our counter attack.

Needs to be made vice captain on a perm basis. Looked a leader of those players throughout the game and after it, would bleed for the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.