Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His shot versus Arsenal missed by less than a foot. It was a well struck ball that went just wide. Yes, ideally he converts it, but my goodness it's beyond "high expectations" to require every ball to end up in the net.

His shot versus Arsenal missed by less than a foot. It was a well struck ball that went just wide. Yes, ideally he converts it, but my goodness it's beyond "high expectations" to require every ball to end up in the net.

It *might* have been beyond high expectation if he had shot on the goal and the keeper had saved it nevertheless. And even then, Kev is that kind of player who is gifted with a powerfull and accurate long shot capabillety which imply's that he should have it even easier when getting close to the goal. Afcourse, everyone can have a moment where he misses a practicle sitter and KDB is hardly the worst one of his team in that regard.

The critique that he should have done better at that moment is valid imho, i didn't blame him for going his own chance and neither would i have blamed him in the Keeper saved it nevertheless but the needing to be on target in such an important match and good chance is a fair expectation. What i wouldn't agree with is that this would have supposedly costed City so much in that match that it would have been crucial to the loss, the defensive errors were more shocking, 2 chances and 2 goals, whaaataaaaa...

I agree he is, and him not being good enough is absolutely not what I said. But then again, the only way people were going to be able to abuse me was to attack the point they wanted me to make, rather than the valid one I did make.

Ah yes. That innovative genius of yours which is so lost on us laymen.

which wasn't my point. It's those 2 big moments, in 2 big away games, at key points in the match, that in future he will bury as a world beating match winner, but at the moment he still needs to develop it. Wasn't his fault at all the ball went in a minute later at the other end, but the whole game changes if he buries those chances. It's disappointing he didn't, and it was costly in both cases, but it's something he has shown a knack for in previous games and he will develop that consistency and become a world beating match winner, on a par with the absolute best in my opinion, but at the moment we're dealing with the inconsistencies and it's just disappointing he couldn't take them at either Stoke or Arse, but hopefully that means he's due the next few, which will hopefully be in these critical next few away games.

He's got it in the locker, I hope the consistency develops sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.