Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's all fair enough and, as one of those who took the piss, I can understand why you felt the need to defend yourself. However, it's a two way street and the way that you responded to some was equally aggressive and could have been construed as slightly aloof.

But I respect that you stand by your views and I hope there's no hard feelings.

if people want to treat me like shit, then they'll get treated likewise, nuff said.

yes, well being 1-0 up rather than 1-0 down in a game we were in control of and keeping the players heads up rather than them going through another Stoke was a critical part of why we lost in my opinion.

Yeah we Belgians know that feeling, it went down harsh into our own National history.

/National football trauma
2002 - World cup in Japan - Belgium VS Brazil

Fucking Pendergast i still want to icepick you in the g-spots

Long story short, We were robbed. Somewhere early in that match our current national manager Mark "Der Kampfschein" Wilmots (it means fighting pig) scores a beautifull header into the Brazilian nets. Oh joy going trough the whole of tiny Belgium (yeah we all saw it on the same tv set) for atleast a second because you wouldn't bear a lifelong grudge against Referee Pendergast if it wasn't for his cuntyness deciding that the goal should be disallowed for reasons tottaly not acceptable. (to Belgians)

And thats where we were robbed. Sure Brazil eventually trounced us with the likes of Ronaldinho, Ronaldo (the real one) ,Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo, cafu, Kaka and their servants. But if it hadn't been for the fact that we were robbed we would have been 1-0 ahead and IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A TOTALLY DIFFERENT MATCH. You would have seen, all them Brazilian Stars (fuck that was a scary ass team) would have tottally fallen for a psychological schock rendering all their magical abbilety's eventually ineffective. Ronaldo would have only been able to dribble away 4 of our defenders which would have left one of us to save us. Our goalposts would all start to attract Ronaldinho's or Roberto Carlos their longshots. Surely we knew that if any of them star Brazilian players would start to give a shit that they likely would have been able to finish it in a few minutes (which was btw what kinda happened) but you know the psychological inpact of falling 1-0 behind is of such a girgantium nature as to render many practicly impotent. So Pendergast, know that the day you come to belgian is the one you accidently trip and fall with youre back on a knife logicly winding down the Schede river.

national football trauma/

And i know, not nessecarily that relevant a comarison, but the national trauma is real and i didn't mind throwing my heart out here

Last edited:
I've just seen the music montage from the Sunderland game, I had him down as motm already, but seriously how good was (and is) kdb!
He could be our future

Always so pointless those forum arguments. Two lads in front of a computer screen trying to outsmart eachother, complicating their vocabulary with every attempt, knowing up front that neither one will surrender & somehow thinking that other people on the forum would be interested in the allegations they have for eachother ... Luckily not so frequent on the Blue Moon forum (judging on the little time I spent here) ... used to have a lot more of that - daily business - on the Chelsea Talk - the exact reason why I hardly ever go there anymore (even if I'm a chav by heart).

anyway, back on topic. really hoping for kdb to continue his form in an away game tonight. and not just an away game, this could already be one of the title deciders. not so much for Leicester to win it (still don't think that can happen seeing how they mostly depend on 3 players - I include their central midfielder whose name I can't think of atm + an exceptional - unmaintainable - level of efficiency).. but if city lose it could be the sign for arsenal to set up a league winning victory sequence. god how i'd hate for that to happen. com'on Kev!

Noticing a pattern with Kev now.
Similar to Negredo, he's good at home but then a completely different player away.
Our form away has coincided with him being in the team and our best away performance of the season was vs Sevilla when he didn't start.
Perhaps it's more the position he's playing rather than his own performance. When it's more difficult away from home, he lacks Sterlings pace and Silva's technical ability to get himself out of the closed space. Maybe he's best playing behind the striker with Silva linking up with the full back out wide, something he did superbly with Zabaleta in the 13/14 season.

I'd like to see him play more centrally. At home when we boss games he gets plenty of the ball out wide, but away he doesn't have the same influence out wide. He could play centrally. I didn't seen him for Wolfsburg but I believe that is where he played for them.

Another poor performance away from home and in a game of substance, but hey, he dismantled Newcastle and Sunderland. What a star!!!

First post here, so : Hello world :P.

Performance aside, I think one problem is the setup; we all know de Bruyne doesn't stick to his wings and like to come inside, in possession it leaves a lot of space to be explotied on the right wing ( you can see this times and times again during every matches ) and tighten oppisition defense, it wouldn't be a problem if Sagna was exploiting this space often but he isn't as offensive as kolarov is for example which make it harder for the team to find space. It's definetly something Pellegrini should look at

Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.