Player Topic: Nicolas Otamendi (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thereWasATime

He has started vs Mexico, lets see how he performs. Till now, he looks a bit rusty. Not sure if the penalty was sure shot. Any one else watching the match?

I'm watching. To my eye, he did get a bit of the ball first, but he certainly got a healthy portion of the attackers legs. As I'm typing, he just picked up a yellow. His timing seems a bit off.

From the penalty incident above and various other clips I've seen, he seems to have a tendency to dive in off his feet. I'm sure Pardew will be looking to exploit any opportunity to win freekicks/penalties if Otamendi plays. Expect a few heart in mouth incidents!

From the penalty incident above and various other clips I've seen, he seems to have a tendency to dive in off his feet. I'm sure Pardew will be looking to exploit any opportunity to win freekicks/penalties if Otamendi plays. Expect a few heart in mouth incidents!

He's only got 1 straight red and 1 yellow/red in his entire career. He goes off his feet, but he's good at it.

I am a bit concerned that his style of tackling will be severely punished by Premiership referees, but hopefully his new team mates will give him a heads up and he'll adapt quickly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.