Player Topic: Nicolas Otamendi (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he?
I'm yet to see it, too rash, poor positioning, barely a clean sheet and average against good sides. I hope to be proven wrong mind but top class?
Pretty much how I see him too, a good-ish defender but not yet top-class with definite flaws. Also at 28 in Feb he has less potential to improve than Mangala.

Been meaning to post in here for a while. Top player and top defender. Also brings a level of aggression to the side which is much needed. Schooled in the dark arts.

Good aggressive defender and had a reasonably good game last night. However he gets turned and left for dead very easily and you're just waiting for that bad mistake in every match.

I like him but he's dropping too many bollocks, even last night, when he had a very good game overall, he had a couple of quite ridiculous moments & got out of jail. He looks to solve defensive problems & puts his heart into it, unlike wankers like Nastasic who just hide & let everyone else do the hard stuff, he goes looking for it & tries to defend.

But he's overcommitting too many times when he doesn't need to & ending up on his arse when he needs to be on his feet. He takes himself out of the game. If he can stop doing that, we could get a decent 5 years out of him in the squad.

I'm yet to see it, too rash, poor positioning, barely a clean sheet and average against good sides. I hope to be proven wrong mind but top class?
I agree... way too rash, looks a bit clueless sometimes. Definitely when compared to Vinny. He's committed that's for sure but worry about his intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.