Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically he's not up to scratch, his weight of pass is awful and his finishing looks poor. He won't improve with regards his technique, you either have that or you don't.
It was like Edin's first touch, it never improved.

some need to get a grip and give him time. Now sterling did not ask to be sold for the amount those scousers wanted - it happened and we paid it.

I think because of that price tag some are expecting messi type performances from him every week. I work on Merseyside and the vast majority of my work colleagues are either lfc or everton. The lfc fans last summer were slating him cos he wanted out, and were saying week in week out that sterling is not all that. Poor finishing, and poor gameplay etc

I am very happy we got him, and will take the flaws because he is still very young and some seem to forget this. I think someone on here posted he wont get his ability any better - well that is bollocks because if he puts in the work on the training ground on the areas that need to be addressed it can get a hell of lot better. he will learn from making mistakes in games

start slating him off when he actually needs support instead, sounds like a plan hatched on rawk imo

he gives the ball away to easily and puts us in the shit and out of position, he needs to learn that aguero can take on 3 different defenders and come out of the other side with the ball, but raheem needs to lean to beat one defender before you take three on.

He has good points though and will come good with time.. difficult for him today when most the team was below par.

I keep saying this but you really need to forget the fee we paid for him. Paying a lot of money for someone doesn't magically make them the finished product. He is 20 years old just remember that. Most players haven't even made it into the first team by that age. It will be 3-5 years minimum before he even comes close to becoming the player a lot of you seem to think he should be already. I know it can be frustrating when he makes mistakes but Sterling is a long term investment and he has all the attributes to be a special player we just have to be patient and not put too much pressure on him.

I keep saying this but you really need to forget the fee we paid for him. Paying a lot of money for someone doesn't magically make them the finished product. He is 20 years old just remember that. Most players haven't even made it into the first team by that age. It will be 3-5 years minimum before he even comes close to becoming the player a lot of you seem to think he should be already. I know it can be frustrating when he makes mistakes but Sterling is a long term investment and he has all the attributes to be a special player we just have to be patient and not put too much pressure on him.

This ^

All the people having a dig at Sterling need to take a closer look at Toure and Aguero's form lately.

I bet his finishing never improves.

Powder puff player for me - he is only 20 but my gut feeling is that he will frustrate for years to come.

I bet his finishing never improves.

Powder puff player for me - he is only 20 but my gut feeling is that he will frustrate for years to come.

Well I tell you what he will prove to be a lot more effective than the signings of Otamendi, Bony do you want me to go on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.