Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the same token, Aguero scored against Chelsea at his 5th attempt, and has been similarly profligate with his chances since then. Presumably the same comments expressed apply to him as well?

Don't be silly, it's only the new intakes who don't score a hattrick every game who are attacked. Unbelievable how easy Blues turn on players after only being at the club a few months.

Some need to look back and see how are now shining lights first started out with us.

Don't be silly, it's only the new intakes who don't score a hattrick every game who are attacked. Unbelievable how easy Blues turn on players after only being at the club a few months.

Some need to look back and see how are now shining lights first started out with us.
Reluctantly, I must agree.

Never thought that young lad we bought from Bury would turn out like he did. Bell, or Ball, or something like that!

He's 20, he won't hit his prime for seven years.
Yeah, i'm inclined to give him more time; All i'm saying is that, at some point he will need to justify his inclusion/fee - no pressure for sure

Seven years is is a very long wait, though.

Yeah, i'm inclined to give him more time; All i'm saying is that, at some point he will need to justify his inclusion/fee - no pressure for sure

Your inclined? That sounds like there should be some kind of debate with you as to whether we do. The guy has been with us for a month, has played well in the best start to PL season this side has probably ever made. He has had one off game and people are already jumping on his fee and proving his value.

It's ridiculous that people are already questioning his value and worth in the side. He's 20, one of, if not the best young talents in Europe. He has the potential to be a global superstar and we are questioning if to give him more time? Come on.

By the same token, Aguero scored against Chelsea at his 5th attempt, and has been similarly profligate with his chances since then. Presumably the same comments expressed apply to him as well?
Good point , of course they do.

I am not dissing the boy by any means its just I am a big believer in life that the old adage "you never get a second chance to make a good first impression" also rings true on the football pitch and his impressive start would have been spectacular had he netted one of those on Tuesday night. Buffon is one of the best keepers ever to play the game and he stood up really well but at that level taking those type chances is what sorts the men out from the boys.

Got a good feeling about Raheem for Saturday night.

Five wins out of five says he's already started to justify his fee. That's him playing a major part as well, not a few minutes here and there.
It's a bit sad that people are choosing to ignore his form in the league and instead focus on a CL game against one of the smartest, toughest defences in Italian football, a team who were in the final only 4/5 months ago.

He's doing just fine.
We've got some proper impatient fuckers as fans these days.
Of course he's doing well, you can tell the difference he makes when he's on the field.

But still, 49 million pounds and missing these 1v1 chances don't look good; Again, HE MUST IMPROVE. What's wrong about that?

impatient fuckers? is that the best you can contrive? i bit too harsh don't you think?

As fans we must be objective at times. Had we won the game with him missing that opportunity no questions would have been asked, but we lost and

our 49 million superstar missed a great scoring chance; what's wrong with asking him to improve? is this not what he does for living?

Look at Lescott, during our legendary QPR game, he messed up that header and they scored, but we came back and won the game, no questions asked, happy days came and no one bother to question his blunder.

Of course he's doing well, you can tell the difference he makes when he's on the field.

But still, 49 million pounds and missing these 1v1 chances don't look good; Again, HE MUST IMPROVE. What's wrong about that?

impatient fuckers? is that the best you can contrive? i bit too harsh don't you think?

As fans we must be objective at times. Had we won the game with him missing that opportunity no questions would have been asked, but we lost and

our 49 million superstar missed a great scoring chance; what's wrong with asking him to improve? is this not what he does for living?

Look at Lescott, during our legendary QPR game, he messed up that header and they scored, but we came back and won the game, no questions asked, happy days came and no one bother to question his blunder.
He will improve, asking him to do so immediately is impatience. Sorry if that upsets you in anyway but it's the truth.
Referring to his price tag is also unfair because the player himself had no say on that whatsoever and it's been widely accepted that the fact he's English and the selling club didn't want to do business has pushed the fee up so high.
Being objective is watching every game this season and seeing plenty more positives than negatives. Him missing a couple of decent chances shouldn't be the be all and end all, it certainly shouldn't detract from the things he does very well and the overall improvement he's brought to the left hand side, a side that has struggled over the last 12 months for one reason or another.
So my overall thoughts on him so far? A resounding success - missed chances or not.

Five wins out of five says he's already started to justify his fee. That's him playing a major part as well, not a few minutes here and there.
It's a bit sad that people are choosing to ignore his form in the league and instead focus on a CL game against one of the smartest, toughest defences in Italian football, a team who were in the final only 4/5 months ago.
Sadly his fee will always come-up; again he's doing well. Like someone mentioned earlier on this thread,he needs some shooting/finishing practice everyday.
I can not wait for him to start banging these away - huge boost for his confidence.

Think he's been brilliant so far and him and De Bruyne together will be the most exciting players to play in the Prem over the next few years.

Think Buffon made an exceptional save and Sterling couldn't do anything else apart from hit it low and to his far side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.