Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will improve, asking him to do so immediately is impatience. Sorry if that upsets you in anyway but it's the truth.
Referring to his price tag is also unfair because the player himself had no say on that whatsoever and it's been widely accepted that the fact he's English and the selling club didn't want to do business has pushed the fee up so high.
Being objective is watching every game this season and seeing plenty more positives than negatives. Him missing a couple of decent chances shouldn't be the be all and end all, it certainly shouldn't detract from the things he does very well and the overall improvement he's brought to the left hand side, a side that has struggled over the last 12 months for one reason or another.
So my overall thoughts on him so far? A resounding success - missed chances or not.

Spot on.

Sterling was our best attacking player v Juve. He shouldn't have been taken off.

What the fuck could anyone be complaining about ?

Totally agree. I'm not sure on why he was substituted, possibly as he was nursing an injury previously. I've been impressed with Pellegrini up to the Palace team where he reverted to the 4-4-2 and I was incredibly nervous. I thought the starting lineup was good against Juve and hope those substitutions were precautions on injuries because Sterling should never have left the pitch otherwise. He was a constant threat and he will start to take his chances. The key is that he's getting into positions and creating opportunities the goals will come. The same with Bony, his touch and ability can't be questioned, he's just suffering from a lack of confidence when in on goal and when he gets one he will prove his worth.

had an idiot in block 305 east stand behind me against Juve , referring to sterling's fee and wages every time he touched the ball , his comments were very raggish , I advised him to support the team rather than constantly slag off our players , didnt gone down very well , but i am past caring to be honest , a real shame that whilst the club is growing we are attracting some complete knobheads as supporters.

Would like to see him run at the opposition more, my biggest fear when he signed was that we would coach his directness out of him with our preference to keeping the ball and not giving it away. He did it the first three games but against both Watford and Juve i found myself often wanting him to just run at the defender and make him commit to a tackle but instead he played it safe. It's just two games and i know we can't expect him to do it every week but i'm hoping to see him do it tomorrow, i've got a feeling they are going to be hard to break down and they'll double up on Silva so we'll need to look to something else such as Sterling taking on players to break them down.

I would say 'THE' only ....

I hope he does well too, he certainly has the players about him to make the step up possible......

Can you let us know when Ibe is ready to move 'up' ;)

Haha, I'll keep you posted ;).

In all honesty I reckon Coutinho is in his last few years here if things continue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.